Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is a speciality chemical and fluid Management and Engineering Solutions Company, supplying key chemicals and production solutions to a wide range of customers operating in the downstream oil and gas, automotive and industrial sectors in Africa.
They are a market leader in designing, formulating and producing oilfield chemicals for production and completions applications. With a focus on delivering differentiated chemical technologies to drive performance. They support customers and projects in 5 deep-water assets in Nigeria. To deliver on these commitments and acquire future businesses, they are seeking an experienced candidate to join our team in Lagos and Port – Harcourt, Nigeria:
Job Title: Account Manager – Oilfield Chemicals
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt – Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- The ideal candidate should have a production chemicals background and be able to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers.
- The incumbent should develop new businesses from existing relationships as well as seeking new sales opportunities within the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting business relationships with clients across major IOCs, independent producers and service companies in the oil and gas industry.
- Identify new business opportunities for various production chemicals to meet revenue targets.
- Timely and successful delivery of chemical solutions to various clients according to their needs and objectives.
- Identify opportunities to grow new businesses with existing clients.
- Provide technical services to solve clients’ production challenges and enhance production capabilities.
- Serve as the lead point of contact to coordinate the resolution of service incidents and escalation of technical issues.
- Liaise with customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of company products and solutions according to customers’ needs.
- Manage multiple clients concurrently, often meeting deadlines and fulfilling service promises.
- Provide appropriate technical support and services to clients on all company products and services as may be required.
- Understand the growing trends in the production chemistry and advise as may be necessary.
- Initiates and coordinates the development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- B.Sc. / B.Eng / HND with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1)/Upper Credit in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry or related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field is required.
- Relevant professional qualification/certification is a plus.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience as Account Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Oilfield Chemical Business Development or relevant sales role within the oilfield chemical industry.
- Good knowledge of production chemical formulation and application.
- Experience with budget/revenue management.
- Good exposure to business engagement at various levels up to the ‘C’ level.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Suitable candidates are required in Lagos and Port-Harcourt respectively.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis till the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments may be required.