|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Consumer Finance
Reports To: Finance Manager
Career Level: Grade 6
About the Role
- Paga is looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Accountant to join our team!
- As the Accountant, you will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information.
- You must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like SAP and Oracle).
- The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, prepare management accounts and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience is required.
- Work diligently with relevant team members to report revenue weekly and monthly
- Reconcile revenue weekly and ensure it reports correctly to receivables
- Continuously work to understand revenue recognition and mitigate losses to ensure the highest levels of revenue recognition. Reconcile activity when there is portal downtime and charges applied.
- Promote quality assurance for all processes impacting revenue
- Monitor and ensure accurate capturing of all inventory and other direct costs associated to revenue
- Processing invoices and timely collection of payments
- Relate with partners; manage receivables from partners, agents and intercompany
- Spot system glitches and their effect to the financial report. Suggest ways to improve and resolve such
- Contribute towards the timely delivery of month end report
- Ensuring taxes are applied correctly on revenue
- Ensure compliance with all revenue models
- Comply with International Financial Reporting Standard for financial statements
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Work closely with the senior accountant to ensure seamless month end closure
- Produce error-free ad-hoc reports and present their results to management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4-years’ experience in accounting, audit, or finance related function
- Proficiency across Data and Financial Analysis
- Professional qualification or final stage in ACCA, CIMA or ICAN) is desirable
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and other accounting packages
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Highly motivated and result oriented with a keen eye for details
- Revenue assurance
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative mind
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Ability to keep confidential information and always remain discreet
- Ability to work and deliver within deadline with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of IFRS 15
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines consistently
- Integrity and high personal ethical standard
- Proven ability to calculate and manage financial records
- High analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a broader team of different levels
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- Experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
- Decisiveness, good judgement, strong organizational skills
- Self-Driven and smart working.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.