|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant is responsible for the bookkeeping of the Fund’s general ledger accounts, all in accordance with the institutional strategy and framework, to ensure all financial transactions are reconciled and posted, in conformity with accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the OPEC Fund’s accounting records and balances of general ledger accounts in accordance with International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Supports the internal and external audit processes.
- Identifies major problem issues in all areas of accounting, tax and compensation.
- Ensures uniformity and consistency in recording and reporting transactions.
- Prepares schedules, analysis, summaries and reports in support of the financial reports, as may be requested on an ad-hoc basis
- Reconciles all accounts subject to reconciliation and follow up on all outstanding items within the specialty area assigned.
- Coordinates the reconciliation of general ledger balances for financial reporting purposes, specifically to the assigned area and liaise with other internal counterparties and stakeholders.
- Reviews and updates the accounting systems manual and participate in the implementation of enhancement to existing and/or new IT financial systems.
Monitoring and Review:
- Monitors financial postings and compliance, using as a reference the approved manuals, procedures and guidelines.
- Formulates solutions and recommendations, and provide central direction and control over complex theoretical and practical accounting, tax and compensation matters not covered by standard practice or precedent.
- Initiates evaluation studies and analysis, and provides Management with recommended solutions.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement:
- Works together with the Senior Accountant and other staff in the Accounting Function as well as with other areas responsible for maintaining financial system sub-ledgers.
- Prioritizes the work to ensure the achievement of reporting objectives in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Senior Accountant or the Director, Financial Controls that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting and Control / Business Administration, majoring in Accounting, Financial Management or other relevant fields.
- Recognized accounting certification such as CA or CPA.
- A minimum of five years relevant professional experience with preferably 2-3 years’ experience in an international and/or financial institution.
- Fluency in English. A good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an advantage.
- Familiar with SAP-FI R3 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and the treatment under IFRS 9; understands the process for calculating provisions for impairments in general.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online