|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin and Logistics Assistant
- To provide support to sound administrative, office and logistics support to the Abuja office in line with policies of Plan International.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory/asset management, line managing CO drivers, coordinating all land travels and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned
Dimensions of the Role
- Implementation of administrative processes, protocols and systems for the Abuja Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff.
- Supervision of janitors / cleaners.
Vehicle Maintenance and Management:
- Ensures that daily and weekly vehicles and stand-by generator inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles are cleaned and routine checks performed to ensure they have proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles are refuelled using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles are parked safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Ensure all PIN vehicles have official documentation up to date (licence, insurance, etc.).
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Facilitates the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair/recovery outside of working hours; follows up on periodic services of the vehicles.
- Coordinate and update the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within/outside the town).
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the admin department.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled timely and regularly and files in accurately.
- Report immediately to the Admin and Logistics Officer, all accidents or issues involving Plan International vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of Plan International Nigeria.
- Analyses/ review and monitor monthly fuel consumption report for all the CO vehicle.
- Prepare and submit a monthly vehicles’ maintenance, vehicle movement and fuel consumption report.
- Keep updated a quarterly price survey for the fuel commodities and vehicles repair and maintenance spare parts.
- As Focal Point of the Global Fleet Tracking System, ensure all data for the Country are submitted online every 8th day of each month.
- Analyse monthly the Global Fleet Report and make recommendations for improvement to the line manager.
Staff and Material Transportation:
- Facilitates transportation of staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Enables the ferrying of goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
Other Services Provision:
- Organize the dispatching and delivery all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Line manage and coordinate the CO drivers and manages their routine daily schedule
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Supports in maintenance of general office systems including filing, sending, receiving and distributing documents, photocopying/scanning, etc.
- Assist with organization of meetings and special events.
- Assist in conducting market survey and product research as may be required by logistics and admin team on regular basis
- Assist with sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained.
- Responsible for posting good receipt on SAP using relevant documents – (delivery note, invoices and PO).
- Support program activities in the office where necessary.
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Maintain good and professional relationship with relevant vendors and visitors to the Office
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ensure that the office is tidy at all times through effective supervision of the cleaners
- Receives and signs for fixed asset items and maintains physical inventory
- Ensures that assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Use systems and processes to assure smooth and timely flow of work.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Diploma certificate with minimum of 3 years work related experience or BA/ B.Sc / HND in any discipline with minimum of 2 years related field experience.
- Previous experience in usage of operations ERP especially SAP.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted