|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Procurement)
Vacancy No.: 056
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, ECOWAS Agricultural Trade (EAT) project
- As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
- GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
- The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector, and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
GIZ EAT – a vibrant new project for the ECOWAS region:
- The BMZ funded regional project ECOWAS Agricultural Trade (EAT) is implemented by GIZ and officially started in January 2022 with a funding of 10 Mio. EUR for 5 years. The project management unit is based in Abuja. Major activities will start from January 2023.
- The project focuses on five countries, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire and three others to be determined with the partner.
- The objective of EAT is to improve institutional and technical requirements for intra-regional agricultural trade in the ECOWAS region and selected countries. The main partner is the ECOWAS commission (Directorates for agriculture, trade and customs), regional organizations and national line ministries or trade associations.
EAT works on 3 components:
- Strengthen the role of the ECOWAS Commission in coordinating sustainable gender-sensitive agricultural trade instruments with ECOWAS Member States
- Support sustainable gender-sensitive agricultural trade facilitation measures and services for traders at border posts and along agricultural trade value chains.
- Improve regional agri-trade promotion services and business performance of the traders. The target group of the project comprises trade companies, organizations and actors in agri-food sector trade in the ECOWAS region. The supported agricultural commodities are raw, semifinished and finished products that are traded form farm gate, factory or warehouse to consumer markets.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- You feel motivated to work in an Administrative and Financial team of 3 staff with a Financial Manager heading the team.
- You manage and prioritize proactively your workload and fulfill standard tasks in time, with a high level of self-responsibility and with high accuracy even under pressure.
- You are open to change ineffective routines and bring up ideas to improve administrative and financial processes within your scope of work.
- You are motivated to communicate within the team, with partners and staff on delivering procurement (services, goods) and financial contract services in collaboration with other GIZ units, esp. the GIZ Country Office in Nigeria and in other countries of the ECOWAS region.
- Planning and organizing contracting procedures for procurement and financial contracts according to Standard Operating Procedures and Services Level Agreements, preparing contract amendments and processing and following up invoices, receipts also on a short notice and under time pressure is one of key strengths.
- You implement GIZ financial and administrative rules and you are willing to learn French in order to better communicate with partners in the region.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
As an Administrative Officer for procurement, you will have the following responsibilities and tasks:
Financial Services Related to Procurement:
- In accordance with GIZ regulations, to procure goods and services locally, process invitations to tender and subsequently orders in Nigeria and other ECOWAS members states (through GIZ offices in the respective countries).
- Sets up the software systems needed to conclude contracts (ProSoft/ CoSoft)
- Monitors the markets for goods and services in Nigeria and through other GIZ Country Offices in the ECOWAS region
- Enters and maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft and /or CoSoft in Nigeria and assures the same for other countries where contracts are concluded.
- Enters purchase requisitions and confirmation of receipts of goods for procurement through GIZ Country Office or the
- EAT project and assures the same for other countries where contracts are concluded.
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Accepts goods and ensures that the receipt is documented, and goods received are checked appropriately.
- Arranges for the safe transfer of goods to their destination and notifies the project of delivery location and time, processing cases of damage in transport.
- Informs projects on time about the status of procurement of goods and services, particularly in the event of delays and assures the same for other countries where contracts are concluded.
- Coordinates effectively with colleagues in the EAT
- Administration and Finance Team and with procurement officers at GIZ Headquarters/ and GIZ Country Office
- Nigeria and other GIZ Country Offices in the region.
- Uses external service providers to complete customs declarations procedures
General Administrative and Financial Services:
- Collaborates with the Administrative and Financial team in invoice analysis and ensures proper preparation and execution of payment orders.
- Purchasing materials, equipment and services for the project in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- Is responsible for filing in accordance with GIZ rules
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- B.Sc in Economics, Finance, Accountancy or any related field
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding knowledge of purchasing by using specialized software systems and procedures.
- Very good working knowledge of Office application (esp. MS Office, Excel, Teams, Teams)
- Excelling Business English mastering and proficiency in
- French is an advantage, willingness to learn French is expected.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Proactive and self-responsible service mentality
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
- Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change towards more efficient procedures.
According to GIZ salary scale for Band 4.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Vacancy No. 056” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.