|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advisor, Energy Management
VA No: 034
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, NESP
- The Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) is co-funded by the European Union and the German Government and implemented jointly by Federal Ministry of Power and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
- It aims at enabling and fostering investments in a domestic market for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and improve access to electricity in Nigeria.
- As part of the programme and in close collaboration with its public and private partners, the unit “Enabling Environment for RE and EE Investments” aims at strengthening quality delivery and control mechanisms to enhance an enabling market environment for the application of and investments in RE and EE.
- This includes activities with Federal Ministry of Power (FMP), Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investments (FMITI), Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF), Federal Ministry of Environment, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency, business associations as well as the private sector.
- Concrete partnerships and activities have been established with FMP and other relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) as part of the Programme Steering Committee and Technical Working Group (TWG).
- The programme is currently supporting the Federal Ministry of Power and other relevant public and private stakeholders with the implementation of energy efficiency measures in the manufacturing sector that would lead to energy savings of at least 15% and reductions in CO2 emissions and specific energy cost.
- NESP supports activities that are targeted towards achieving SDGs 7 and 13, as well as the Paris Agreements and Glasgow Climate Pact.
- By facilitating an enabling environment for RE and EE investments in the sector, NESP also supports indirectly Nigeria’s socio-economic development…
- The Advisor will work within the Unit on Enabling Environment for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Investments. The Advisor will support the Head in the general management of the Unit:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit the Advisor, Energy Management will:
Support the strengthening of Energy Efficiency Networks (EEN) for the Nigerian manufacturing sector:
- Supporting the acquisition of companies that would participate in the Energy Efficiency Networks (EEN).
- Coordinating the implementation of energy efficiency measures that would lead to energy savings of 15% and CO2 emissions reduction in participating companies.
- Developing case studies of EEN participating companies which should include baseline energy data, production systems, energy carriers, energy supply systems, implemented EE measures and investments, energy savings achieved, and reductions in CO2 emissions and specific energy cost.
- Organising and facilitating quarterly meetings, workshops, and capacity development programmes for the participating companies of the networks.
- Moderating the Energy Efficiency Networks (EEN) in collaboration with the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines, and Agriculture (NACCIMA) and Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI).
Support the energy audits of participating companies of the Energy Efficiency Networks in Nigeria:
- Organising and facilitating the energy audits of the participating companies of the networks.
- Developing the regulation and strategy for compliance on voluntary and mandatory energy audit and reporting in large manufacturing companies.
- Organising energy audit trainings for energy and utility engineers of manufacturing companies.
- Developing and updating a database of Certified Energy Auditors in Nigeria.
Support the implementation of energy management audits in the participating companies of the Energy Efficiency Networks in Nigeria:
- Supporting the implementation of Energy Management System (EnMS) based on ISO 50001 standard in manufacturing companies.
- Organising trainings on energy management for energy and utility engineers of manufacturing companies, policymakers, and professionals of energy service companies.
- Providing technical support to participating companies of the EENs with the optimisation of production systems and processes.
- Identifying and developing the capacity of Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) to successfully develop, operate and maintain energy efficiency projects.
- Developing and updating a database of Certified Energy Managers in Nigeria.
- Organising field missions and events (for NESP local partners and/or consultants incl. workshops, consumer education, awareness campaigns, meetings, study tour, trainings, etc).
- Capacity building for key partners including Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, Standards Organisation of Nigeria and relevant associations of the manufacturing sector.
- Supporting project planning, implementation and coordination of activities (incl. ToRs for consultants, concepts, budgeting, review of consultants’ invoices, sector studies and reporting).
- Reviewing project’s operational plan periodically to ensure that proposed activities are meeting specified outputs in line with the project’s indicators.
- Knowledge management of the work results (organize and update project documentation, filing, data base).
- Ensure communication and visibility of the results in line with NESP’s Communication and Visibility Plan/Strategy.
- Support in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of Unit activities (incl. drawing up monitoring/progress reports).
- Strengthen cooperation with public and private partners including the Industry, Trade and Investment, Standards Organisation of Nigeria and relevant associations of the manufacturing sector.
- Is familiar with all components of the programme, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff;
- Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf;
- Carries out important tasks for the programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description;
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- A University Degree in energy studies, Electrical Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or any relevant field of study. A Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability in implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy policies, regulations, standards and plans in Nigeria
- Knowledge of the concept and structure of Energy Efficiency Networks.
- Familiar with energy efficiency and renewable energy stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Familiar with stakeholders in the Nigerian manufacturing sector.
- Hands-on project management experience and ability to efficiently manage numerous activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies:
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English. Knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with internet-based information platforms and aspects of digitalization would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to any region in Nigeria (including seaports and land borders).
According to GIZ Nigeria Salary scale for Band 4
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “vacancy no. 034” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.