PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Africa Treasury Lead
Employment type: Full-time – Executive
About the Job
- We have an exciting opportunity available for an Experienced Treasury Lead across Africa. The position is open to be based at any of the PwC African Offices, however this is NOT a fully remote opportunity, and attendance at the office is required on a hybrid basis.
- You will be responsible for the development and management of treasury strategy, policy and planning at a Group level; liaison and alignment with Group counterparty risk management, foreign currency risk management, funding and liquidity risk and governance over the entire treasury landscape.
- Design and monitor activities to mitigate financial risks, primarily foreign currency cash flow exposure through the recommendation of executing derivative financial instruments, managing interest rate risk and liquidity management.
- Manage PwC Africa’s cash reporting processes and the design or implementation of intercompany funding strategies.
- Foster, strengthen and manage relationships with PwC’s financial service providers; including banks, investments bankers, community development lenders, foundations and other stakeholder partners within the appropriate risk management standards and frameworks relevant to PwC Africa territories.
- Liaise with global treasury team to get updates on cross-cutting relationships for strategy alignment.
- Determine funding requirements and funding mix for PwC Africa.
- Determine and assess short term funding strategies on a quarterly basis.
- Determine and monitor Partner capital contribution to PwC Africa on an annual basis.
- Determine and apply appropriate gearing ratio suitable for PwC Africa and PwC Africa territories in liaison with In-Country Treasury Leads.
- Manage inter-territory invoicing and payment in compliance with PwC Global requirements.
- Ensure appropriate banking relations across Africa using expert knowledge of risk factors around financial institutions in Africa.
- Determine and select the banks PwC Africa conducts its Treasury activities.
- Ensure application of Transfer pricing and arm’s length funding rule in every transaction.
- Prepare Board level cash and other risk management reporting.
- Monitor and manage Partners’ investments and investment risks across PwC Africa territories.
- Develop processes and data systems to enable effective analysis, estimation and decision-making.
- Determine the appropriate weighted average cost of capital (WACC) for evaluating proposed investments
- Manage the investment appraisal process for potential new investments including performing financial analysis and an appropriate level of due diligence
- Manage the investment process including liaising with legal advisors to create suitable investment agreements
- Ensure that fund investments and returns are accurately and fully recorded.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Advise Africa leadership of loans (debt evaluation), liquidity and investments.
- Manage long and short term cash flow and working capital management.
- Ensure regulatory compliance to applicable financial management regulatory framework.
- Responsible for the development and management of the annual budget.
- Analyse investments and manage investor relationships (including reporting).
- Develop, inspire and mentor a team to implement strategy for the achievement of objectives and ensure organisational development.
- BCom or B.Sc qualification in Business Studies, Fund Management, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- MBA or similar advanced degree in a related field is advantageous.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. CA (SA), ICA, CPA, CIMA is required.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in corporate financial management.
- Job related knowledge or experience on IFRS 9 and the Companies Act.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Advanced analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Understand risk management standards in relation to AML and Fraud.
- Excellent computer literacy skills, including advanced MS Office skills
- Expert knowledge of treasury management, cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Expert knowledge of fund management software and ERP Accounts Software.
- Expert knowledge of financial modelling, investment planning and portfolio management.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of financial services across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
- Practical and technical knowledge of legal and regulatory issues affecting contracts, financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and network widely.
- Effective relationship management skills and demonstrated credibility with investment teams.
- Experience arranging for tax exempt bond financing and New Markets Tax, Credit financing, or other similar structured financing are preferred.
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing staff.
- Expert knowledge of excel and financial modelling
- Expert knowledge of Capital market analysis
- Expert knowledge of Risk Modelling
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online