United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agency Banking Partner
- The role objective is to provide adequate guidance on Agency Banking for market facing staff (DSEs/PCMs, etc.) with a view to maximizing returns on performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
Product Design & Management:
- Determine and analyse market requirements for specific product.
- Own and manage product within different industry as may obtain, and ensure maximum return is achieved.
- Present market trends and gather reliable/accurate market intelligence to ensure development of relevant product.
- Provide adequate guidance for product by actively managing the product lifecycle with a view to maximizing returns.
- Report on product performance against targets with action plan
- Recommend changes to existing products to meet market requirements.
- Present market trends within portfolio and competitor market trend.
- Assist in the execution & deployment of product requirements such as segment/the agent needs, high-level product characteristics etc.
- Responsible for recruitment of value adding Super Agents/Agents that will enhance segment performance
- Maintain up to date regular documentation (Service Level Agreements SLA, correspondences etc.) for all Super agents and Agent Network Managers
- Ensure resolution of Super agents/agents related complaints.
- Obtains and maintains regular market data related to Agents’ relationships.
- Responsible for driving Agent/Super agent’s activities
- Management of Branding of Agent locations, marketing support and collateral
- Pre- qualification assessment for POS deployment for Agents/Super Agents
- Review and engagement of Agents on performance
- Training of Agents and Super Agents
- Deployment and Monitoring of BVN machines
- Effective expense management of areas under their supervision
Engagement with Branches, Retail Analysts & Digital Sales Managers:
- Coordinates the required engagement with Risk Management and Compliance unit to monitor and ensure applicable offerings follow the bank’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Liaises with Customer Fulfilment Centre & Customer experience to understand the major complaints and concerns of the customers as it obtains specific propositions and work with applicable stakeholders for a lasting resolution.
- We are searching for a performance-driven individual who will have the overall responsibility to deliver compelling value and experiences to their agents, active agent rate and to ensure profitability of the agents & segment.
- S/he will work with multiple stakeholders across the Bank & other external parties to deliver this value.
- The Candidate must be computer literate with high proficiency level in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Own and manage product within assigned region.
- Sound knowledge of business and management principles.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures applied within the Industry and the effect and impact on business.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels in the organization and in the socio-economic environment. Additionally, must be able to ability to win confidence and support of multiple constituencies
- Ability to understand different audiences and lay the groundwork for important decisions.
- Ability to function at the detail level whilst bearing the big picture in mind.
- Display sound business and decision making skills, while at the same time being results oriented, driven and prepared to go the extra mile.
- In addition, must possess the ability to respond calmly in the face of stress
- Ability to think innovatively and always striving for improvement in processes.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online