|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Contec Global Group – Established in 1984 and headquartered in London, the Contec Global Group has a worldwide presence, with operations in Asia, Africa, and Europe. As a company established on the platform of e-Governance and smart technologies, Contec Global is among the most experienced independent technology and systems organizations operating in developing countries. Today, the Group is engaged, globally, in providing integrated, systems-based solutions in the fields of Secure Technologies, Infrastructure, and Hospitality
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting Organic farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Providing management and technical consultancy services to companies and other organizations
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting farmers with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field.
- More education & certification may be required
- 6 years post NYSC relevant experience
Competencies Required for this position:
- Agrarian science and technology skills
- Knowledge of agri-food chain processes
- Organization and planning capabilities
- Management skills and commercial acumen
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales, Presentation and Training skills.
- Physical fitness to work in the farm- stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online