MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst – Technology Compliance and Analytics, Risk and Compliance
Job Identification: 1533
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Technology Compliance & Analytics
Division: Risk & Compliance
- Assess the adequacy of existing technical and non-technical controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and requirements.
- Identify control gaps and recommend compensating controls while also supporting the process owners in the development and implementation.
- Assist in coordinating day-to-day performance and quality monitoring exercises, implementing effective, proactive, quality processes at the operating level that will positively impact quality and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Serve as an effective second line of defense through the operationalization of technology and networks compliance monitoring and testing model.
- Review the existence and operating effectiveness of compliance controls embedded in infrastructure solutions, applications and networks.
- Execute technology compliance review work programs to identify issues and inherent risks.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of IT and Network control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Evaluate compliance of the company’s network infrastructure with applicable regulatory guidelines and in accordance with the applicable terms of existing regulatory licenses.
- Support the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in embedding privacy and data protection practices.
- Work as part of the larger Compliance & Ethics team to implement compliance initiatives and maturity actions in line with the company-wide risk-based compliance programme and MTN Group requirements.
- Support with activities to create company-wide awareness of regulatory and statutory requirements and the importance of complying with these requirements.
- Produce high-quality reports and analysis with insights on compliance monitoring activities, outcomes and trends.
- Stay abreast of all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements within the Telecommunications and Financial Services industries.
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- Certifications in one or more of CISA, CISSP, CISM, ITIL, COBIT 5, etc. is an advantage.
- Fluent in English.
3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years of combined IT experience with a broad range of exposure to IT Governance, internal audit, compliance and systems analysis.
- Understanding of the Nigerian Telecommunications industry technology, regulatory framework, business contexts and associated risks.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
- Experience reviewing the design of IT solutions and performing in-depth data analysis.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills).
- Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2022 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online