Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Business Manager
Location: Daura, Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Regional Business Manager, North West
The Team You Would Join: Sun King EasyBuy Direct Sales, Nigeria
- Greenlight’s pay-as-you-go (PAYG) direct sales channel is rapidly growing its presence in Nigeria, and we are looking for experienced sales leaders to join our team. Our PAYG enabled products allow consumers to pay for their Sun King products over a period of 4-18 months.
- The inbuilt PAYG technology enables customers to pay for a few days’ or weeks’ worth of energy at a time, and it monitors how far they have progressed towards the completion of their payment plan.
- The Sun KIng EasyBuy Direct business launched in Nigeria in 2017 and as of June, 2021 employs more than 230 people. Based on significant growth in the market, we are rapidly expanding our presence to broaden our reach to under-electrified households in Nigeria.
What you would be expected to do:
- Hire & retain Energy Officers: Hire, train and maintain a team of at least 40 active Sun King Energy Officers in the area. Use multiple avenues for finding the right talent to sell Sun King EasyBuy products with the help of village influencers such as the village heads, teachers, religious heads, doctors, farmers, and others, as applicable.
- Create a reputation and goodwill for the mission of Sun King to provide a clean, affordable and reliable source of energy in their areas.
- Training of Energy Officers: Provide training to the Energy Officers on several aspects of the business such as sales, collections, product, technical, inventory, and logistics related.
- Ensure that they are fully supported and lead in the best professional manner demonstrating the highest levels of integrity, ethics, and professionalism while dealing with customers.
- Provide role clarity to Energy Officers: Provide complete clarity to Energy Officers related to their day to day tasks, sales & collections plans, routes and targets. This includes, ensuring Energy Officers have a pre-agreed sales route/area to sell in, they understand how to demonstrate and sell Sun King products, they have the confidence to be able to present and resolve basic customer queries on the spot and they have access to Area Business Manager at all times in case of questions and concerns.
- Daily field visits: Have a weekly touchpoint with every Energy Officer in your area – either through in-person meetings, making a sale to the customer in your area or having a call. Resolve all possible issues faced by the Energy Officers and report them to your Regional Business Manager, every week. Ensure that the first 5 sales of each Energy Officer is done along with the Area Business Manager in the area, by each Energy Officer to ensure that the core sales and collection process is fully understood by each Energy Officer.
- Work with Energy Officers: Conduct joint fieldwork with a group of Energy Officers to provide sales and collection training on a weekly basis and drive EO engagement. This includes doing night activations, market activations, visiting local communities and gatherings such as SACCOs, Self Help groups, retail centers, and markets to make group sales.
- Exceed your sales & collections targets: Meet or exceed sales and collection targets established and agreed on 2nd of every month by your Regional Business Manager. Provide daily, weekly updates on sales, EO recruitments, Customer issues, and resolutions, as desired and agreed with your Regional Business Manager.
- Drive robust field sales processes: Review collection progress with your Energy Officers daily and provide adequate training to them on driving better collections in your areas. This includes customer and area profiling, ensuring regular and timely collection follow-ups, resolving customer issues to ensure they make payments and ultimately repossessing the systems as a last recourse in case the customer defaults.
- Remain externally focused: Keep an eye on competition within your area and ensure you take adequate measures to protect and grow our business from competitive pressures. Pro-actively inform your leadership team and take measures to ensure Sun King remains a paramount brand name in Solar products for your area.
- Resolve customer issues: Provide world-class support to your customers as it relates to product delivery, training on how to use and make payments, installation, after-sales warranty issues. Ensure that you work with your Energy Officers to establish clear expectations and processes to resolve all customer issues within 24 hours.
- Control Marketing & Other Support spend: Provide adequate marketing support & equipment (such as smartphones) necessary to all your Energy Officers. Ensure we get maximum return on investment for all the costs we incur in areas of marketing, supply chain, store maintenance and smartphone issuance.
- Review meetings with Energy Officers: Conduct weekly table meetings with Energy Officers and ensure that you have RBM present in those meetings to resolve any outstanding customers or EO issues. Coordinate, plan and organize the meeting to have maximum attendance and progress. Recognize outstanding performers from time to time and ensure the motivation of Energy Officers is maintained at an all-time high.
- Grow Retail presence: Ensure the retail network in your Area grows with the help of an Area Retail Coordinator, hired under you. Ensure all retail-related activities are followed per process and the base of high-selling retailers grows exponentially within your area of operation.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Hold a Degree or Diploma in a Business related field or have a minimum of three (3) years working in a field sales role.
- Are passionate about positively impacting the lives of rural consumers;
- Are a strong collaborator with great interpersonal skills to mentor your team to deliver on expectations;.
- Are comfortable working with MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- Is familiar with the town or city in which the job is located
- Have completed your NYSC.
What We Offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to expect from us, after you submit your application
- The first step is to apply for the job opening through Greenlight’s career website or by emailing your resume to one of our HR representatives.
- You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application.
- If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Greenlight Planet, and to answer any initial questions you may have.
- We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment.
- We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
- We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong.
- We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
- Greenlight recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.