|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Art Therapist
Locations: Lagos Mainland and Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Art Therapist
- Assess patients’ needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Communicate patients’ assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help patients’ recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Confer with other professionals on patients’ treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet patients’ goals or objectives.
- Interpret the artistic creations of patients’ to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
- Observe and document patients’ reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy.
- Talk with patients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Recommend and/or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
- Minimum of B.Sc degree in Creative / Fine art.
- Excellent artistic abilities, creativity, imagination and enthusiasm.
- Maturity, patience, calm and respectful manner.
- Ability to provide a trusting, open, kindhearted atmosphere that encourages learning and participation.
- Business skills.
- A strong empathy with and commitment to helping people from all walks of life.
- Ability to deal with difficult, perhaps painful and embarrassing situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of psychotherapy and the role art can play in treatment.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.