Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
We are recruiting suitably qualified, highly motivated, and well experienced candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer (Services)
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The Assistant Chief Engineer (Services) shall be responsible to the Managing Director in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities to effectively manage the Distribution Department of Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited].
- The Distribution Department is responsible for distribution, supply and retail of electricity to domestic, general, commercial and industrial customers. To achieve its responsibility the Department engages itself in planning, construction, operation and maintenance of the distribution network as well as the management of revenue protection services, customer services and demand side functions.
Job Purpose and Functions
- The purpose of Distribution Department is to efficiently and effectively distribute, supply and retail electricity through performing the following functions:
- Provision of distribution system planning and other related services through planning of the distribution system and provision of land surveying services & drawing office services functions. For purposes of extension, rehabilitation or refurbishment, and modernization of electricity distribution and supply network.
- Provision of distribution and customer services through construction, operation and maintenance of distribution and supply network systems including overhead lines, transformers, sitchgear and cables and connection of new customers as well as provision of network reinforcement and fault clearing services/operations.
- Ensuring that every electricity power used is metered and charged correctly and is timely paid for by providing revenue protection services through investigation, detection and prevention of illegal connections, by-passes and malfunctioning of postpaid meters, pre-paid meters & maximum demand meters as well as under or over-charging. In this regard, it develops and implements various programs that aim at preventing and minimizing such customer and employee malpractices.
- Managing meter migration projects.
The Assistant Chief Engineer (Services) shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Supervising, directing, evaluating and coordinating staff of Distribution Department;
- Directing and guiding the Distribution Department in the preparation of inputs to the Corporation’s strategic and business plans and ensuring the submissions address the requirements of the Corporation’s Vision, Mission and Objectives;
- Representing the Distribution Department in the Corporation’s Strategic and Business Planning processes;
- Ensuring that Action Plans within the Distribution Department are derived from the Corporation’s Strategic and Business Plans, and in liaison with other Department Heads, that the material, human, and financial resources are available in the Short, Medium and Long-Terms for smooth implementation of such Plans.
- Formulating policies, technical or otherwise relating to the Distribution operation and maintenance functions;
- Ensuring timely preparation of the Department’s Revenue and Capital Budgets to facilitate the translation into action of the requirements in the Corporate Strategic and Business Plans;
- Guiding and overseeing the overall Distribution Department’s function in line with the Corporation’s set goals;
- Continuously monitoring progress of each of the Department’s Sections and taking corrective action or introducing adjustments or alternatives to strategy implementation as dictated by available resources;
- Ensuring that operations and maintenance of the Distribution System and Network and associated ancillary equipment are properly/correctly managed, with emphasis on quality and reliability of supply, and initiating routine and major maintenance of the same to enhance/sustain performance & keep systems functioning at peak levels;
- Assisting in carrying out technical and financial appraisals of Distribution System and Network rehabilitation or refurbishment and other major maintenance works. modification or modernization projects and also new network developments for the Corporation as well as implementation of the same on time and to specifications;
- Inspection of new installation sites to ensure that laid down installation standards and specifications are adequately complied with by both the Corporation and customer before a meter is fixed and electricity is supplied.
- Efficient and effective operation of the Distribution System Control Centre;
- Ensuring that new engineers and technicians are well trained;
- Ensuring a safe, healthy and positive work environment:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as other reports as required; and
- Carrying out any other duties assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic. Those with a relevant Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- The Applicant must also be a registered member of engineering professional bodies including the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and must have at least eight (8) years’ working experience of which at least three (3) years should be at Management level.
- Applicants with hands-on experience in the power supply industry will have a strong added advantage.
Key Core Competencies
He / She Must:
- Have the ability to handle complex work planning and implementation to meet both targets and budget, under minimal supervision (self-starter, high initiative);
- Have the ability to analyse and coming up with solutions to challenges in construction, operation and maintenance of distribution infrastructure for power supply facilities and other associated works, (Excellent problem-solving skills);
- Have ability to undertake multiple tasks under confined environments (Highly multi-skilled);
- Have a passion for power utility developments;
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organisational skills;
- Have a high degree of mechanical and civil engineering skills;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills; h) Have excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with a diverse workforce;
- Be self-motivated, a team player and results-oriented;
- Be of high integrity; and
- Have excellent negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications under confidential Cover, enclosing copies of Certificates, detailed CV with Names and Contact details of three (3) traceable Referees to:
The Chairman of the Board,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. 0. Box 15, Bukuru,
Jos South – Plateau State.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.