|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Coordinator, Legal Services
- The Assistant Coordinator Legal Services under the direction of the Secretary General will be responsible for all legal matters related to the structure of the organization, its legal engagements and compliance.
- He/She is expected to build strong and amicable relationships with legal bodies and external legal counsel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Coordinator Legal Services has the following responsibilities:
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks
- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements
- Conducting legal training for staff
- Advice management on the legal implications of NRCS policies and procedures
- Prepare report on legal activities, risks and litigation
- Ensuring all contracts, legal documents and templates are up-to-date and compliant with statutory laws
- Assist with information management, document retention, filing public notices and other compliance related items.
- Support the Secretary General to gather information and respond to public records requests, subpoenas, court papers and other legal actions
- Analyze and review, revise and draft NRCS rules and procedures.
- Ensure the Society comply with all rules, procedures, guidelines, and Nigerian labour laws
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
Duties Applicable To All Staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the NRCS goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and NRCS Statutes
- Show capacity to assist other members of staff and management, aptitude for maintaining cooperation and team spirit necessary to achieve the objectives of the National Society
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Line Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Law ( LLB, BL) from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 7 years of active litigation experience.
- Possesses relevant professional and postgraduate qualification(s)
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in the use of MS office and data analysis tools
- Strong knowledge of constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law
- Excellent team working ability to lead smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole
- Good research skills
- Demonstrated crisis and emergency management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English (multiple Nigerian languages an added advantage)
- Strong judgment and ability to identify and analyze problems and to think strategically to anticipate, interpret and develop strategic responses to issues
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, manage and sustain effective, successful strategic relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge of project management
- Understanding of program functions in a humanitarian/ development context
- Articulate when communicating, and a curious and effective listener
- Ability to protect the reputation of NRCS through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- High ethical standards and honesty in handling the organizational resources and zero tolerance to corruption
- Culturally sensitive, globally minded and showing respect to the views and opinions of others
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Position Applied For / Name of Applicant as the subject of the email.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.