|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Restaurants
Job Number: 21071403
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type: Management
- Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events.
- This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales.
- Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Supports and acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event Planning and Operations in his/her absence.
- Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
Core Work Activities
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team:
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
- Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations:
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
- Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
- Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities:
- Supervises on-going training initiatives.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Restaurant Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area. OR
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online