|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Medical Coordinator
- In Nigeria, ALIMA is running four health and nutrition projects in Borno State (Maiduguri/Jere LGAs), Yobe state (Karasuwa/Yusufary/Damaturu LGAs), Katsina State ( Kaita LGA), Research and Lassa fever response in Ondo State (Owo LGA). ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represent about 25 expatriates and more than 200 national staff.
- The Assistant Medical Coordinator is based in Abuja / Maiduguri
Mission & Objectives
- Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Country Medical Coordinator, the Assistant Medical Coordinator “AMC” will support the nutrition, health, protection and mental teams in designing, implementing and supervising all activities in different state in Nigeria like Borno State (Jere, Maiduguri Lgas), Yobe State ( Karasuwa, Yusufari, Damaturu LGAs’,..), Katsina State ( Kaita LGA,…), Ondo State (Owo LGA…).
- The AMC in the absence of Medical Coordinator will represent ALIMA in all relevant coordination meetings at the Country or state level and provide the required technical support to field teams in ensuring that all activities are being carried out in accordance with the donor and Ministry of Health policy guidelines.
- The AMC in close coordination with the Medical Coordinator will work closely with partner organizations like UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, etc.
- Fully assumes the medical coordinator responsibilities in case of absence including communication within Capital/Maiduguri management Team and with the Medical Department.
- Contribute in the good relationship with MOH and Ministry of health representative and others ministries when needed.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in developing new project proposals and concept notes in close collaboration with the relevant heads of head health programs and project coordinators
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in developing donor and organizational reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) by ensuring that the information by the field team is accurate and complete
- Analyse the health management information system (HMIS) data monthly and assist the data manager and relevant field team members in correcting possible shortfalls and errors.
- Analyse achievements against pre-set targets (monthly, quarterly and annual) and come up with corrective measures and action plan for improvement
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in conducting quarterly program review meetings in the different project to assess achievements, budget expenditure and challenges and come up with action plans for improvements in close coordination with relevant heads of health programs
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Participate in the different proposer or concept note done at coordination level
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Must regularly visit the field to assess the quality of the programs and its management, data collection procedures, availability of standard treatment protocols, presence of essential medicines and supplies and infection prevention (IP) materials in health facilities.
- Provide on the job training to the health facility staff and relevant health team members
- Ensure the quality of data from the project, verification and coding if necessary; also give feedback to medical coordinator.
- Participate in the research of information on the epidemic situation in Nigeria
Representation / Coordination:
- In the absence of Medical Coordinator, AMC will attend all health, nutrition, and emergency sectors coordination meetings at State Health Ministry, UNICEF, UNFPA and WHO
- Will maintain close working relationships with concerned project coordinators, medical referents, medical responsible and other technical team members in Borno, Yobe, Katsina, Ondo state respectively in our area project (Maiduguri, Jere, Damaturu, Karasuwa, Yusufari, Kaita and Owo LGAs).
Procurement and Supplies:
- Analyse the medicine consumption report of each health facility monthly to ensure availability and optimal use of medicines and keep the Medical Coordinator updated about the availability of medicines in each health facility.
- Participate in the process of international or national order according the task will be given by the Medical Coordinator.
- Participate in the orientation of the field team members on National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and Import Duty Exemption Certificate (IDEC) policy guidelines.
Health system (Emergency Evacuation, etc):
- Update the Medical Coordinator about any referral requests from the field to ensure that the medical evacuation guideline is followed and participate in the different evacuation if needed.
- Participate on the redaction of health policy if needed
- Ensure that all ALIMA’ staff is respect ALIMA’s Health policy
- Participate in the briefing of the different staff (health policy, etc)
- Support Covax Focal Point (CFP) during the vaccination of Covid-19 and be the 1st contact with the CFP
- Analyse Covax activity according to our objective and give feedback to the medical coordinator
- Can participate in different exploration can be done by the mission or in the implementation of new activity/project
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the head of the Medical Department or Head of mission.
Experience and Skills
- Essential Degree on Medicine (Doctor) is mandatory
- Public Health will be an asset
- Essential 3 years’ experience in midwifery practice and maternity management in hospital
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook)
- Essential 5 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in ALIMA or others Medical NGO’s in developing countries.
- Have at least 3 years’ practice experience in management of Nutrition, Health and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Have experience of worked in difficult/insecurity area
- Strategic vision
- People Management
- Teamwork, flexible
- Knowledge of management of pharmacy
- Well organized and good negotiation and communication skill
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: Fluency in English, (written and spoken) is mandatory and Kanuri, Hausa and Fulbe are asset.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV & Cover Letter on same page in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Submit in person at:
ALIMA’s Office at Abuja or Maiduguri or Gashuwa.
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early.