Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
In anticipation of a potential award from USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe) states, the position below is open for consideration to all qualified candidates:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – PMTCT, PrEP, CA CX
Locations: Adamawa and Yobe
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Slots: 2 Openings
- Will work with the Technical Officer-PMTCT, PrEP, CA CX to support the implementation of facility and community-based Prevention, Care & Treatment activities including strengthening referrals and linkages, improve demand creation for CA CX, PrEP and HIV/AIDS services, support demand creation initiatives to scale up CA CX screening activities as part of Prevention services, working closely with the Technical Officer to align activities and ensure effective integration of these strategies.
- S/He will also support research and program learning efforts where appropriate, supporting the integration of HIV/AIDS, CA CX and PrEP services into routine health services including reproductive health.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS or similar degree with minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of CA CX, PMTCT and PrEP services in resource constrained settings.
- B.Sc. in Nursing, Public health, Pharmacy or other closely related field with 4 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 11th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.