Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Financial Markets Sales
Ref No: 2100023097
Employee Status: Permanent
Job: Institutional Banking
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- To support the team for Financial Markets Sales business in Nigeria and selected West African Markets
- To deliver Financial Market products in compliance with group and external policies, in order to meet the regions objectives.
- Work with the rest of the team to deliver on set objectives for Nigeria and selected West African region.
- To continuously engage clients and internal stakeholders.
- To ensure achievement of individual target for own portfolio of clients, as well as contributing towards units and region’s financial targets.
- To work closely with corporate banking team and other stake stakeholders in providing a partnership approach to designated clients.
- Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer’s business and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with SCB’s principal RM for each customer as well as through direct contact with the customers.
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, whether or not the request is from the specially allocated group of customers.
- Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer’s perspective.
- To maintain frequent and high quality dialogue with the support functions of Financial Markets
- To build relationships and work with other business units in order to cross sell SCB’s products and services
- To provide product training to internal/external clients
- Assist team members to develop required skills in sales, risk and technical knowledge through a process of coaching, appraisal, identification and action on training needs, with appropriate follow up to ensure that new learning is put to effective use
- Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising
People and Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group as it relates to the role.
- Ensure operational risk management and reporting is an integral part of the business process.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations and where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees or functional product heads as it relates to the role
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Establish and maintain good contact with the local regulators
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the FM Sales team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Line Manager : Business development, personal growth and any other matters arise in the normal course of business and in exceptional situations.
- Head of Financial Markets : Business development, personal growth and any other matters arise in the normal course of business and in exceptional situations.
- Trading Desks: To obtain pricing for products dealt with customers
- FMOPS, CMO, TRADE and Other Operational units: To see through a transaction from the time of booking to settlement and beyond.
- Structuring, TCRM, Legal and other relevant teams: To obtain the necessary insights and to make certain that the booking of transactions take place within the procedures and guidelines set.
- Business Segments, Compliance, Operations, HR other relevant departments within the bank.
- Other relevant business heads, their reportees and delegates
- Key clients and potential clients and those related to such entities eg tax, legal advisors.
- Local and regional, and offshore regulators and industry bodies etc
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Nigeria/Financial market/Sales Team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online