MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
- The Backend Engineer is responsible for writing web services and APIs which are consumed by client applications, which may vary from web / mobile applications to embedded systems.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Front-end and mobile developers.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Learn about new technologies.
- Stay up to date with current best practices.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance where necessary.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators.
- Participate in conferences and educational programs.
- Follow new and emerging technologies.
- 3 – 4 years of recent hands-on coding and software design.
- Bachelor’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices, and Agile Software Development.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- A strong familiarity of Web Server technologies including NGINX, Apache and J2EE.
- Experience with Java or Ruby, and the willingness to learn new technologies (Experience with other object-oriented languages is okay too, but our code is Java, Ruby and Scala, so you should be able to get up-to-speed on at least one of them quickly.
- Establish Back-End Software Engineer best practices.
- Work autonomously, are excited by new technologies, and will never back down from the challenges of scale.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge in database systems and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB.
- Experience deploying machine learning models is a plus.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.