Lendsqr is making sure that Nigerians assess loans at the time of their need by helping lenders reach these borrowers at scale. Our LaaS (lending-as-Service) provides lenders with cloud technology, data, and native integrations that help lenders lend securely, cost effectively, sustainably and ethically. We also provide the expertise required for navigating the required technology and uniquely designed solutions suited to lenders’ needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
- The Lendsqr Engineering team is looking for an exceptional candidate to take on the role of Backend Engineer.
- This is an exciting role responsible for writing web services and APIs used by frontend and mobile application engineers. The key requirement for this position is a growth-oriented mindset and commitment to excellence.
- Implement, test, deliver, and maintain product features (new and existing)
- Create technical reports on feature implementations
- Research on existing/new product features and areas of improvement
- Commit to creating and maintaining secure coding practices (and standards)
- Provide support for product features (when needed)
- 3+ years’ experience performing similar functions
- Good knowledge of TypeScript for the backend (NodeJS)
- Good, working, knowledge of a Git
- Good, working, knowledge of the SQL query language (MySQL flavor). [Knowledge and understanding of ORMs is a plus]
- Good, working, knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB especially). [Knowledge and understanding of ODMs is a plus]
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Organizational and time management skills
- High analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and quick to learn
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Base pay
- Incentive pay
- Other company benefits as defined by policy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online