|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Anadach Group – Our client is a growing hospital system in Warri and Benin that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centered healthcare.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer
Locations: Benin City – Edo, Warri – Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering care at world-class standards, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute and thrive to a rapidly growing organization.
- The hospital already holds international standards accreditation and is seeking other such accreditations. Thus, the hospital is looking for leaders who are ready to contribute to the achievement of these goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose defective medical equipment and implement repairs without direct supervision.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance activities performed on assigned medical equipment and update the department database of this record of service, completely and promptly.
- Perform and record preventive maintenance of assigned equipment through periodic performance checks and measurements based on Equipment Management Plan.
- Have a working knowledge of all applicable codes and standards for maintaining medical equipment including those issued by accrediting agencies.
- Maintain technical skills and be aware of emerging trends in Healthcare Technology Management by periodically attending seminars and reading relevant professional material.
- Operate sophisticated calibration and test equipment.
- Repair/calibrate life support and other critical medical equipment and systems such as but not limited to the following: ventricular assist devices, anesthesia machines, mechanical ventilators, electrosurgical units, physiologic patient monitoring equipment, ECG and EEG equipment, Echo vascular ultrasounds, hypothermia units, blood pressure monitors, defibrillators, diagnostic ultrasound, and Holter systems.
- Ensure urgent device corrections, and equipment recalls are acted upon in a timely manner to ensure safety of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Ensure medical equipment involved in or suspected to be involved with adverse patient interactions is processed in accordance with the organization’s policy.
- Perform repairs and configuration updates to the nurse call system/network, including interfaces and alarm notification servers and equipment.
- Perform repairs and configuration of critical care patient monitoring computer systems; central stations, displays, database servers, enhanced web servers, interface servers, alarm prioritizing and routing servers.
- Maintain and configure medical equipment alarm notification equipment, interfaces, and systems.
- Maintain and configure electronic ICU servers and associated network equipment.
- Perform repairs and configuration of data capture devices that interface clinical diagnostic and treatment equipment to institutional medical recording and data acquisition systems.
- Monitor incoming work orders, prioritize work based on criticality and accurately document all work in the department’s computerized maintenance management system
- Provide outstanding customer service. Contact department customers and provide device repair status and estimated time of return. Resolve customer complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Provide guidance to clinical users on proper use and care for diagnostic, treatment and monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrate correct setup, calibration, and operation of patient care equipment to clinical staff as required.
- Assist in the installation of medical equipment and systems by collaborating with clinical users in the selection of proper equipment for their needs, determining required infrastructure additions or changes, recommending mounting locations, and working with contractors to ensure proper equipment installation, cable routing, and labeling.
- Provide direction, assistance and give feedback to team members on various equipment repair activities and procedures when requested.
- B.Sc or HND in Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Minimum of 9 years Post NYSC experience
- Remarkable understanding of the framework as well as use of biomedical devices.
- Strong technological abilities as well as the capacity to maintain equipment
- Strong logical as well as analytical abilities.
- Strong communication abilities as well as the capacity to explain complicated details in easy-to-understand terms.
- Capability to function well under stress as well as grow in a busy clinical atmosphere.
- Efficiency in using a computer system
- The capacity to drive is a significant demand.
- Knowledge of diverse hospital equipment is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022..
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and their Name as the subject of the email.