Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank.With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Service Manager
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for candidates that will ensure good customer management and increase customer base/ business volume through quality service delivery and sales.
- Ensure effective/efficient implementation of bank-wide policies with respect to branch customer services
- Coordinate activities of the service delivery team
- Ensure adherence of team members to the bank’s service charter, policies and procedures
- Execute sales for all consumer banking products of the Bank
- Promptly resolve customer issues and complaints on customer service related matters
- Oversee and monitor standardization in customer service delivery across the branch especially retail customers to ensure consistency of service delivery bank wide
- Provide feedback to Branch Coordination on the activities and service delivery status in the branch
- Ensure the maintenance of a suitable ambience in the Banking Hall
- Review customer account opening documents for completeness
- Ensure efficient service delivery on customer account management activities – account opening, cheque printing, standing orders, etc
- Maintain safe custody of cheque books, customers’ files and signature cards
- Provide other units/branches with customer related information
- Manage the issuance of customers monthly account statements
- Evaluate the level of customer satisfaction through the conduct of surveys and initiate corrective measures to address issues observed
- Review all processes within the service area and suggest improvement opportunities
- Ensure effective / efficient implementation of bank-wide policies with respect to branch operations
- Ensure proper documentation of all branch transactions and authorise transactions above limits of Transactions Officers and Cash Officer.
- Receive inward clearing box from the Head of Central clearing
- Ensure cheques paid through clearing are properly authorized and covered by sufficient account balances
- Identify overdrawn accounts and liaise with Business Development Manager to approve or reject overdrawn cheques
- Supervise counting of vault cash and verify agreement with cash register
- Ensure adequate float is maintained for all cheques presented for payment through clearing
- Perform end of day balancing to ensure all cash/cheques are posted correctly and appropriate accounts balanced
- Process clearing cheques for onward transmission to Head Office or payment into appropriate customer accounts
- Ensure all remittances, returns and reports due to Regulatory authorities, Government agencies and departments are done promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare regular management reports to the Regional Co-coordinator based on up-to-date financial information on branch position and performance to facilitate management decision making
- Ensure all GLs within the branch are proofed as at when due
- Perform end of day balancing to ensure all transactions are processed correctly and appropriate accounts balanced
- Ensure adequate charging of commission on services (e.g. NITEL, shares, VAT, drafts) and remittance to appropriate quarters
- Verify and process Western Union transactions at the branch
- Supervise activities of operations staff to ensure efficient service delivery
- Monitoring of fixed Assets in the branch.
- Reports to: Regional Branch Coordinator
- Supervises: Cash Officer, Head Customer Service and Head, Transaction services.
- University Degree. Any additional qualification will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years in Branch Services Operation (Customer Service, Transaction processing and Tellering).
Preferred Skills and Experience / Requirements:
- Excellent Customer Account Servicing/ Management skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and banking operations (Domestic & International Operations)
- Excellent customer relationship management
- Sales and Marketing skills
- Knowledge of banking products
- Good negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Good knowledge & understanding of banking operations (Domestic & International Operations)
- Good knowledge of core banking application (Flexcube)
- Good products knowledge
- Process management and documentation skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.