Fosad Consulting Limited – Our client, a full service commercial and litigation law firm, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lekki Phase One, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility is to increase visibility and brand recognition to strengthen and extend the firm’s client base and expand existing client relationships.
- Provide strategic direction regarding all marketing, business development and communications activities.
- Develop the marketing and business development components of the practice areas annual business plan.
- Develop, define and disseminate clear positioning and messaging for practice areas and its practitioners.
- Formulate relevant business development budgets and management of the budget to ensure appropriate expenditure and that the firm receives suitable return on that investment.
- Team with Fee Earners to market the services and expertise of the practice units through the development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising activities.
- Team with other members of the team to draft press releases, pitch story ideas and provide spokespeople to reporters as appropriate, track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Assist with content development for social media posts, presentations, proposals and pitch materials.
- Work with Knowledge Management to develop client and market facing knowledge-based marketing tools and materials – handbooks, tools, market know- how, technical updates, training programs and seminars, etc.
- Actively collaborate with Managing Partner and Practice Partner to develop more work for the Firm.
- Work with Practice Partner and business development team to conduct and promote post transaction reviews in order to obtain client feedback and assist in improving client service.
- Support the preparation of responses to client’s request for proposals or information on the practice units and in preparing fee earners for business development meetings with clients and prospects.
- Act as a conduct of information and collaboration to further connect the branch office.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate market, industry and competitive trends for the practice units and sub-units.
- Lead the review and continuous improvement of the practice unit’s suite of marketing materials, including capabilities statements, pitch templates, website content.
- Maintenance of the operational standards of the BD team to ensure our branding approach is implemented effectively; communication materials effectively represent the position of each practice area; the effective use of applications when introduced; our approach to pitches is informed by sector knowledge; the management of events is efficient and cost-effective; PR strategies support business development plans and enhance campaigns.
- Develop, implement and manage the firm’s business development and client service plan consistently with the firm’s strategic plan and policies set by the firm.
- Have a good understanding of the firm’s services and be able to advise others about them.
- Train members of your team, arranging internal and external training where appropriate.
- Understand the needs of prospective clients and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet them.
- Make a constructive contribution to the non-chargeable activities of the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree having preferably obtained a 2:1 or above although all applications will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business development or management, or communications will be an added advantage.
- M.Sc / MBA in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years proven track record in a marketing or business development role working in a professional services environment, financial services and must have worked in a law firm.
- Previous experience in a managerial role.
- Ability to apply CRM systems.
N500,000 – N1,000,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Business Development Manager – Law Firm” as the subject of the mail.