|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst / Senior Business Systems
Job Code: 6862
Location: Abuja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Grade: 7 / 8
Department: Management Systems Team, Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Function of the Position
- The Business Systems Analyst is a member of the Management Systems Team (MST) within the Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT).
- MST is focused on developing management systems for DAI ’s projects around the world.
- The business systems analyst will be part of a strategic initiative to move the existing systems into new platforms and re- imagine the way that system solutions are provided to our global users.
- S/He will also work with DAI ’s current projects to identify system requirements and will work with IT developers to enhance existing systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
New Systems Analysis and Testing:
- Contribute to system analys is of project and corporate needs in support of DAI ’s digital strategy to ensure that the new project management system suite is stream lined, user friendly and supports DAI’s corporate vision and best practices.
- Serve as a key liaison between DAI ’s IT devel opment team; project users and corporate stake holders to identify their system or reporting needs. Document these requirements and work with development teams to identify the best platform or reporting tool to address them.
- Develop requirements documentation for hand over to software development teams for project or corporate systems.
- Assist in functional testing of newly devel oped system functionality and collaborate with developers to resolve identified issues.
Existing Systems Analysis, Configuration and Reporting:
- For DAI project users, often in-person at location, facilitate the process of defining system requirements, conducting system analysis and enabling configurations.
- Identify modifications needed to existing processes in the system based on user input or compliance changes.
- Learn and understand system data structures and help the team analyze corporate and project reporting needs; identify best platform and solution.
- Ensure that the management and reporting needs at the field level align with the needs of corporate project, finance and contract management.
- Grade 7 : Minimum of 4 years experience and a Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience and a Masters Degree.
- Grade 8 : Minimum of 5 years experience and a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience and a Masters Degree.
Equivalent combination of training and/or experience will be considered:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Experience with gathering and document user requirements, as well as working through these with developers from the position of a systems analyst.
- Demonstrated interest in leveraging digital solutions to meet critical business needs.
- Experience in oral and written communication including analysis, report preparation and report presentation
- Proven ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, both individually and in a team environment, to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe – (estimated travel requirement up to 20%)
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Some system testing or test script writing experience.
Advanced MS Excel skills:
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook
- Experience with Agile methodologies for requirements gathering and development
- Demonstrated interest in systems and Information Technology field.
- Facilitation, training, and presentation experience
- Understanding of the development industry in general including major donors (i.e., USAID, US State Department, EC, etc.)
- Other language a plus ( Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)
- Supervisory Requirements: None
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online