Lighting Finance Technology Nigeria Limited is an innovative Online based organization in the business of giving out Loans and Credit facilities to deserving applicants that meet requirements for such loans via our Applications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Call Center Collection Agent
Location: Oregun / Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a dedicated collection agent to assist our business with the recovery of outstanding payments from debtors. In this role, your duties will include communicating with customers via telephone, negotiating payment plans with debtors, and enacting payment plans that eliminate debt.
- To ensure success as a collection agent, you should possess experience with debt collection and knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Accomplished collection agents will mitigate financial losses by developing and enacting manageable debt recovery plans.
- Collaborating on debt collection efforts with Accounts, Sales, and the Legal Department.
- Developing debt collection strategies and plans.
- Adhering to the FDCPA throughout the debt collection process.
- Contacting debtors by telephone to enact and negotiate debt recovery.
- Searching publicly available databases to track down defaulters, including Credit Bureau information, background checks, and loan documents.
- Preventing repeated payment delinquency by negotiating manageable debt payments.
- Negotiating settlements to receive payment on a certain percentage of the debt.
- Keeping hard copy and electronic records of all communications, payment plans agreed to, and amounts paid.
- Sending statements of delinquencies and satisfied debts to the Credit Bureau, as well as purging records where debts have been satisfied.
- Initiating legal and repossession proceedings if debt recovery fails.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in sales, customer service, or telemarketing.
- Debt collection certification or training preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the FDCPA and professional codes of conduct.
- Proficiency in debt collection software, such as ACE and CollectMax.
- Previous debt collection experience will be advantageous.
- Experience in developing and enacting debt recovery plans and strategies to prevent losses.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with debtors to negotiate debt payment plans.
- Ability to collaborate on debt collection efforts with other departments and institutions.
- Experience in tracking down defaulters by searching publicly available databases and records.
- Exceptional recordkeeping and interpersonal skills.
N35,000 – N60,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.