|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cash and Livelihoods Program Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Experience: Manager / Supervisor
Reporting to: Head of Department Food Security and Livelihoods
Proposed Start Date: To be determined based on funding approval
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Cash and Livelihoods Program Manager who will work under the direct supervision of the FSL HOD and will be responsible for providing technical support for the implementation of all FSL activities in Yobe under the SDC funded project.
- Ensure that program technical implementation is responsive to communities, authorities, partners and consistent with Action Against Hunger’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan;
- Conduct technical monitoring visits to the field to ensure that all targeted program beneficiaries are rightly benefitting from the FSL interventions;
- Monitor the environment through regular scanning and data gathering for new opportunities, innovations, new approaches, designs or technologies;
- Conduct Food Security & Livelihood assessments for program development in relation to Yobe state context;
- Represent AAH in donor meetings and project field visits, coordination meetings and technical meetings as designated by FSL HoD;
- Support FSL HoD in leading program integration initiatives for multi-sectoral approach;
- Develop tools and guidance notes on Cash-based transfer and food voucher modalities, market assessment, livelihoods recovery, agricultural inputs, resilience programming and related areas.
- Provide individual coaching and training of FSL personnel to improve any identified areas of weakness or capacity gap;
- Ensure that all program-related data and information on FSL activities area of the program is correct, updated, organized and accessible to the country program, HQ and other key stakeholders, and that lessons learnt and best practice are documented;
- Support development of activities progress reports for the program team as well as contribute to the development of donor reports;
- Review reports and gauge program progress against the logical framework, ensuring compliance with AAH internal and donor’s reporting standards.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Soil Science, Crop Protection and Management, Agronomy or a related field, or a Degree in any other field but with a Master’s Degree in Food Security & Livelihoods related field of study;
- Minimum of five years experience in Food Security and Livelihoods;
- Experience in Food security and Livelihood assessments including cash and market assessments in both development and emergency contexts;
- Proven management and leadership skills (HR, projects, and stress management);
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management;
- Experience with research and partnership developments with universities;
- Experience with donor communications;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.