Olam International Limited – Established in 1989, Olam is today a leading global agri-business operating from seed to shelf, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 22,000 customers worldwide. Our team of 72,0001 employees across 66 countries has built leadership positions in several of our 18 platforms, including cocoa, coffee, edible nuts, spices, rice, and cotton. We source from 4.7 million farmers and their communities. We are listed on the Singapore Exchange (SGX) and are among the top 30 primary listed companies by market capitalization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Functional Area: Manufacturing & Technical Services (MATS)
Reporting to: GM-Engineering
- To organize and control all aspects of the maintenance function of process, utilities & plant infrastructures to the required company standards.
- The incumbent would be responsible for the plant maintenance including Facility & Poultry feed mills belonging to Animal feed business.
- The role requires an individual with excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple company projects.
- The responsibilities include managing everyday maintenance requirements, guiding and managing the field engineering teams and setting long and short-term project goals.
- You will be required to negotiating with vendors and clients, ensure that projects stay within time and budgetary restraints, and compile required reports for defining action items.
- You are a person who regularly upgrades yourself and keeps abreast of cutting-edge advancements in your field and is dedicated to excellence. Great people skills are always a plus point.
- The incumbent would be responsible for plant maintenance of Ghana, Cameron & Senegal mills.
- Set up & run preventive maintenance program for both mills & ensure its effectiveness through adherence checks against schedule to maximize equipment availability
- Ensure breakdowns are duly attended & RCA & CAPA is carried out to prevent re-occurrence
- Drive team capabilities to achieve the maintenance targets through structured problem solving, improvement interventions etc.
- Ensure team is trained & maintained on the EHS standards for all the jobs & processes
- Ensure team follows correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory
- Ensure an effective Engineering spare management through Safety stock reviews & proactive ordering on time
- Regular site inspection and maintaining a training calendar for the team to improve the overall technical capabilities
- Cost-effectively manage external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cost-effective yet quality service
- Coordinate with direct reports to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays etc)
- Review maintenance performance through daily, weekly & monthly meetings with team members & relevant stake holders
- Drive team engagement through team building practices, case studies & informal gatherings
- Maintain a Statutory calendar covering all the Statutory inspections for the Plant covering Utilities & Infra
- Review Repair & maintenance expenses & devise strategies to manage the actual costs against the allotted budget
- Initiate ideation process within the team to generate value addition projects on reliability, process, efficiency & safety improvements & make plans for implementation
- Execute minor & major Capex projects for the plant as per the agreed timelines & budget
- Maintain good report & interpersonal connect with all peers & senior stake holders in the business for effective management of the department.
- Overall management of all processes that pertain to breakdown, maintenance and performance of the plants.
- Exceeding prescribed standards on hygiene, establishing new benchmarks when it comes to this aspect of maintenance.
- Deep understanding of the regulatory framework and organizational guidelines for the health and safety of all employees of the plants.
- Ensure all functional management are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory.
- Exceed advisory and not just regulatory guidelines on the green initiatives. Ensure production plants produce minimal dust and noise both internally and externally.
- Effective resource management to maximise capacity utilization and to deploy processing and quality resources accordingly.
- Process monitoring and optimization to move towards elimination of controllable losses and minimizing the impact of non-controllable losses.
- A hands-on approach for regular site inspection and a flair for training and keeping the team engaged.
- Sensitizing and training the entire workforce on matters of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- Work with the team to identify personnel training needs.
- Actively promote training and personal development on-site (Costs to be controlled within agreed budgets).
- Best in class vendor management practices to be central for cost-effective management of external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure quality service at approved costs.
- Coordinate with managers to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the General Office).
- Robust systems to be deployed along with respective managers to ensure the safekeeping of all company agreements and financial instruments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering. QEHS or GMP / HACCP related certification courses and training will be an added advantage.
- 12 – 15 years of experience in handling plant maintenance, utilities and projects. Minimum 3 years leadership role in Engineering Management is required.
- Relevant certifications for current practices in plant management/maintenance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online