|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Nicole Sinclair – Our client, a Hospitality Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Facilities Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We seek to hire a Chief Facilities Manager who will be responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and functionality of our buildings by conducting proactive and reactive maintenance.
- The Chief Facilities Manager will also ensure that the facilitiesmeetlegal requirements and health and safety standards.
- Supervise and organize all engineering activities
- Perform quality control checks, ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the facility equipment
- Organize preventive / corrective maintenance facilities and equipment, critical and non-critical alike
- Prepare Annual Maintenance Plans
- Submit monthly reports on the implementation status of the Annual Maintenance plan
- Notify executive management on any needed changes and deviations in the maintenance plan and get approvals on adjustments that need to be made
- Monitor the asset register to ascertain current equipment / assets in all apartments
- Advise of phased replacements on a quarterly basis within a stipulated facility replacement budget
- Prepare maintenance budgets on a monthly basis and ensure there is timely approval to mitigate unneeded break down
- Protect and improve the value of the organization’s assets and ensure that building, machinery and systems meet or exceed their expected life cycle
- Follow and maintain the site-specific preventive maintenance and work order program
- Coordinate the in-house engineering team for regular repairs of any damaged equipment
- Demonstrate improvement from previous performance; suggest areas of improvements for service and operating efficiency
- Immediately recognize system performance deficiencies and respond to operational and emergency situations
- Ensure the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building
- Organize administrative functions related to site operations, such as a work orders and maintenance activities, budgets, ordering supplies, etc
- Oversee janitorial, cleaning and gardening
- Conduct proactive, plumbing, carpentering, painting and swimming pool maintenance works
- Oversee the routine cleaning of sewage systems, ensure the health and safety protocols are observed thoroughly
- Work with the outsourced refuse disposal companies to ensure that all refuse are routinely emptied
- Scheduling both internal and external fumigation the facilities
- Supervise the maintenance of all generator’s
- Schedule the washing of the diesel tank
- Assist in the development of capital plans which would include planning for infrastructure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Manage contracted service work at the property, including understanding and developing the scope of service, bidding, awarding and administering the contract duties
- Prepare comprehensive weekly plans for all scheduled jobs and allocate manpower as required.
- Work with the Construction Managers on capital improvement construction projects
- Ensure outsourced projects are properly supervised and signed off as completed
- Ensure in-house projects are executed in line with approved plans and best practice
- Monitor usage, servicing and maintenance of fire extinguishers, firefighting equipment and the alarm systems
- Collaborate with Guest Relations to innovatively develop and update emergency systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of guests and the staff
- Train staff on emergency procedures e.g. step by step use of fire extinguishers
- Encourage and foster a team oriented environment through positive feedback
- Train members of the department as appropriate in new processes and procedures while ensuring compliance
- Develop power consumption plans and monitor implementation
- Work closely on all required parties to minimize power outage to the facility
- Explore alternate sources of power.
Competencies / Skills / Requirements
- University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) field a must; M.Sc Degree will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and building automation systems.
- 10+ years of general facilities management experience in a large facility or hotel.
- 10+ years of project management experience in assets and maintenance.
- Between 35-40 years of age.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Able to understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the building systems and equipment.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online