PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a Leading Energy and Utilities Company committed to increasing energy supply that will stimulate economic growth and development in Northern Nigeria through the creation of new industries and opportunities; attracting much needed investment; and boosting job creation.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01200
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The Chief Financial Officer has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
- He/She is responsible for the development and Implementation of Effective Financial management policies and procedures that will strengthen the financial system of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating overall financial strategy and day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
- Assume direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, costing, corporate finance, Board and investor relationships, financial compliance, and institutional financing.
- Develop the financial strategy to drive the direction and leadership of the business for sustainability, growth, and meeting performance targets.
- Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long- term strategic financial objectives.
- Take ownership of the company strategic plan, and on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, provide consolidated report on the overall performance of the company against set strategic targets and working with all company directorates and departments advise on strategies to ensure the company meets its targets
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and safeguard overall long-term business value.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Corporate Finance and Accounting functions of the company.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets & consolidation and reporting of the Company
- Responsible for oversight of day-to-day finance and accounting operations to ensure timely and accurate financial information with appropriate internal controls, including maintaining up to date accounting records.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, monthly, quarterly, and annually in accordance with applicable local and international standards and circulating these to Board members and Management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Own and coordinate all financial audits as well as working with the Board Finance Sub-Committee and External Auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts
- Take responsibility for all tax and statutory matters (e.g., income tax, PAYE, pension group life, VAT. etc.), including the implementation of optimal tax structuring for the company, and accurate preparation of all tax returns and other statutory and regulatory information as required by governing bodies
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions and commitments of the company.
- Lead interactions with international and local financiers for the purpose of raising capital to fund the operations and growth of the company.
- Review, manage and establish as needed, internal systems and controls, operations, processes and financial procedures to ensure the integrity of financial information and reporting.
- Evaluate and administer financial risk management and insurance policies.
- Develop and maintain a detailed and up to date financial model for the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Accounting or Finance or related discipline.
- MBA or Masters in a related discipline will be added advantage
- Relevant accounting/finance certification
- At least 10+ years’ post-graduation experience with at least 3 years in a senior management role preferably in energy, telecommunication, or banking sector.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of Financial Management System and Energy Accounting
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Internal Control and Financial compliance
- Ability to appreciate the system impact of various policies, practices, and issues strategically and holistically
- Practical, pragmatic, and able to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan budgets,
- Communication skills at all levels
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and Accounting Software.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity and demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation and management skills.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online