PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a leading Energy and Utilities Company committed to increasing energy supply that will stimulate economic growth and development in Northern Nigeria through the creation of new industries and opportunities; attracting much needed investment; and boosting job creation.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Technical Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01199
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- Provides leadership, strategic direction and effective coordination of all technical operations
- Develop and implement business strategies across the technical operations to meet established service metrics and quality assurance goals.
- Responsible for end-to-end network performance for all service delivery and fulfilment of exceptional services for subscribers.
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve all technical operations service target.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of all technical operations.
- Ensures an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technical equipment across company’s areas of operations.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of a robust maintenance strategy to manage company’s technical asset portfolio.
- Develops policies for technical operations, research and improvement of technical assets (involves definition of quality standards/ procedures)
- Coordinates the development of the annual network operations plans – ensure planning meets environmental, technical and quality standards.
- Coordinates the implementation of recommendations to enhance systems, expand network capacity and refurbish existing network assets/infrastructure.
- Ensures compliance with statutory rules and regulations as required.
- Reports on technical data on a regular basis (loss level monitoring, equipment failure, interruptions, etc.) to management and regulatory bodies
- Supervises all engineering works and project related activities carried out across company’s network and infrastructure.
- Oversees the engineering, design / drawing of all technical projects carried out by the company and ensures compliance with stipulated rules and regulations.
- Develops and monitors the Function’s budget.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Post graduate qualification in power systems engineering and management is desired
- Membership of any of relevant professional bodies is required
- At least 10+ years’ experience in the utilities industry across areas of operations, maintenance, planning, quality management, with at least 3 years in a supervisory or leadership role is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of the energy and utilities industry
- Working knowledge and understanding of technical aspects and engineering of the transmission and sub-transmission and systems
- Ability to appreciate the system impact of various policies, practices and issues strategically and holistically
- Practical, pragmatic, and able to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation and management skills.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online