|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Officer – PLANE
Ref No: 220004IS
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: PLANE
Reports to: Child Protection Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Post Type: National
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have occasional contact with or access to children or young people
- The Child Protection Officer will all child protection activities for children out of school or attending the PLANE FCDO funded education project in Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano.
- S/he will report to the Protection Manager.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring quality in Case Management, Psychosocial Support, Community Outreach, and ensuring the establishment accountability system in the non-formal education chat up club approach of the project.
- The post holder will provide ongoing support, mentoring and guidance to the community caseworkers and PSS training for Chat-up-clubs facilitators.
- S/he will also ensure child protection activities in the project locations are carried out on a timely basis ensuring, the high quality of the response.
- The Child Protection Officer will support community-based child protection systems, project planning and coordination.
- In most circumstances, the post holder will be expected to mentor and build the capacity of caseworkers, community volunteers, catch up clubs facilitators on the field.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Develop and coordinate project activities in collaboration with the Child Protection Programme Manager and in liaison with implementing partners, communities, government and child protection agencies working;
- Monitor day-to-day activities in programmes to ensure best practice is adhered to in provision of psychosocial support for children, community based response mechanism, case management of children at risk
- Coordinate with the Caseworkers and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response;
- Work with partners’ caseworkers, child protection and education committee members to ensure that they are addressing child protection concerns within their respective communities;
- Work closely with implementing partners by designing and overseeing the implementation of capacity building programs with parents/stakeholders;
- Introduce case files and follow up report at coordination level with other Child Protection Strategic Work Groups;
- With support from the Child Protection manager , supervise project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against individual performance management work plans).
- With support from the Child Protection manager, prepare and review timely monthly reports submitted by caseworkers and other volunteers.
- Work with the M & E plan to ensure links to reporting requirements where possible, refer the M&E framework to build an evidence-base for child protection programming interventions.
- With support from the MEAL Officer put in place accountability activities for the project, ensuring that feedback from children and their families are considered in project design.
- Ensure appropriate child friendly spaces time schedules are tailored to the physical and mental needs of the children based on age group and gender
- Ensure Volunteers are supervised regularly to ensure activities are carried out in line with minimum standard guidelines.
- Consistently maintain and update referral pathway of project locations
- Responsible for technical supervision and training of all case workers working with the UASC.
- Make referrals of the registered children to the Ministry of women and social development.
- Ensure that children are followed up and receiving proper case management.
- Ensure that cases are prepared for case discussions/ case management meetings.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Social Science, Development Studies or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- Minimum of four years of work experience in Protection work, supervision, community mobilisation and distributions and solid understanding of the actual Nigeria Emergency context.
- Proven ability to supervise a CP project with holistic approach and integrated to child protection right
- Speaking fluent English and Hausa language
- Computer literate.
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- Excellent communication skills,
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Mature personality with life experience is an advantage
- Able to be a self-started and work in challenging contexts and fragile environment.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Actively listens to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders
- Actively participates in networks to access and contribute to good practice
- Establishes and maintains clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict affected people and other stakeholders
- Establishes clear objectives with partners
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values.
Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Ensure that programme goals and activities uphold the principles of the key national and international humanitarian frameworks, codes and commitments
- Integrates beneficiary accountability principles into the approach
- Participates in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation mechanisms.
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Demonstrates approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Demonstrates self-development and management by taking responsibility for own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- Makes positive statements about work
- Effectively influences others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution
- Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to partners and others.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online