eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time National – Fixed Term
Department: Programs and Impact
Purpose of the Position
- An eHealth Africa-led consortium comprising Society for Women Development and Empowerment in Nigeria, Middle Space Consulting, and The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics, has been contracted to implement the Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) Project in Kaduna state.
- The Project, financed by World Bank and the Global Financing Facility (GFF) will contribute to the reduction of the burden of malnutrition in Nigeria through the use of cost-effective and sustainable strategies to deliver nutrition, adolescent health, and family planning services at the community level in 12 LGAs of the state (Kaduna North, Chikun, Kajuru, Kachia, Kagarko, Jaba, Zango Kataf, Kaura, Jema’a, Sanga, Kaduna South, and Ikara).
- The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for managing project communications for the eHealth Africa-led consortium’s implementation of the ANRiN program.
What You’ll do
- Develop a communications strategy and implementation plan for the project
- Develop high-quality, engaging written and multimedia content for the project, presenting our work, resources, and impact clearly.
- Design and lead of production of print materials (posters, banners, leaflets, cards) and other promotional materials as required
- Support the consortium with the development and dissemination of social behavioral change communications (SBCC) materials
- Support the organization and implementation of beneficiary sensitization campaigns
- Engage external audiences online, through creative use and effective management of digital channels, including the eHA website, social media, newsletter, and email.
- Ensure the project features on relevant external websites and that our work is promoted via appropriate third-party online channels.
- Create and implement communication plans around key project events/pieces of work e.g MNCHW
- Manage our multimedia resources, including developing and maintaining the photo library, and when appropriate work with consultants to produce digital content to promote our work.
- Monitor, record, evaluate and report performance statistics and successes.
- Support the project management team with the development of planned monthly, quarterly and annual internal communications content
- Support the project management team with the development of planned monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Director
Who You Are
- B.Sc Degree in a related field and professional certification is required
- A Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience, NGO experience is an added advantage
- Prior experience working on a nutrition or adolescent health project, or a project with a strong SBCC component is an added advantage
- Prior experience conducting co- design workshops and developing IEC materials
- Prior experience developing communication strategies
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Change agility and resourcefulness, respond appropriately to risk and uncertainty.
- Strong creative, non-technical writing skills,
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and assessment skills and project management skills.
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with project goals
- Understanding of digital communications channels, including electronic & print media.
- Proven record in building digital media platforms, notably social media
- Ability to build consensus and work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to represent eHA effectively to external audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines under extreme pressure.
- Knowledge of Analytics, SEO, SEM & PPC.
- Excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading skills and sound technical ability
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
Innovative Problem Solving:
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online