ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager
Department: Strategic Marketing
Reporting Line: Head of Communications
Job Purpose / Mission
- The Communications Manager is a key part of the Strategic Marketing department and responsible for the development and execution of strategic and tactical communications for the ENGIE Energy Access business across Africa.
- This role will combine both internal and external communication responsibilities, while contributing to the development and execution of the ENGIE Energy Access communications strategy that will position ENGIE Energy Access as the market leader within the industry, support growth within new and existing markets, and maintain and grow the ENGIE Energy Access culture through exceptional internal and external communications.
- Manage the ENGIE Energy Access internal communication channels (newsletters, intranet, etc.), safeguarding the consistency of messages
- Develop monthly newsletter in collaboration with country teams and other departments.
- Manage internal comms campaigns and support internal stakeholders’ comms needs.
- Write and design materials and contribute to the development of the ENGIE Energy Access website, create content for and manage the social media channels, write and design an external newsletter, support the preparation of press materials (press releases, Q&As, blog articles etc.) and follow up on PR opportunities for the ENGIE Energy Access organization.
- Support the organization, coordination, and follow-up of internal and external communication events such as townhalls, webinars, exhibitions, conferences, press trips, delegations, etc.).
- Play a key role in supporting the communications network across the ENGIE Energy Access countries
- Organize knowledge sharing and capacity building sessions for country teams to improve their communications effectiveness.
- Edit and manage the suite of ENGIE Energy Access media assets, including photographs, raw video footage and other relevant documents
- Support with the development of visual assets such as graphics, GIFs and videos.
We Believe that Great Managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Communications / Marketing / Journalism or Public Relations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Communications/Marketing in large companies or equivalent experience in journalism or the media
- Ability to collaborate well with a multicultural and geographically dispersed network
- Excellent verbal, written, and digital communications skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Open, flexible and pragmatic mindset, passionate about energy and innovation
- Familiarity and experience managing social media channels
- Excellent project management skills paired with great attention to detail.
- French is a plus.
- Knowledge of the latest communications related software, applications
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Experience in creating SEO for websites
- Experience in digital marketing for social media.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online