We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
- We are in search of young, innovative, creative and self-motivated communication talents with top-notch writing and storytelling skills, apt editorial judgement and interested in developing a career in health communications.
- Dynamic professionals with excellent and relevant experience in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) accompanied with skills in content development and management including but not limited to documentary development, strategic videography, photography, graphics design and social media management.
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its communication goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the communications team to understand the organization’s overall communication strategy and practices
- Support the development of capacity-building activities for staff to enhance their ability to communicate about project achievements.
- Advise and provide technical guidance on innovative SBCC approaches which can expand use of existing and /or proven interventions.
- Develop and deliver well-executed and effective campaigns*Prepare annual work plans and budgets for SBCC objectives and deliverables;
Communication and Knowledge Management Products:
- Support state and central teams to edit and format programme documents, including communication deliverables such as slides, newsletters, brochures, flyers, job aids, advertisements, etc.
- Support the development and production of documents, reports and presentations according to the organization, communications guidelines for internal project needs and for dissemination.
- Provide support to state and central project teams to develop effective communication tools, IEC and SBCC materials.
- Support proper branding and marking of the organization, and program materials and activities as specified in the organization, and/or project-specific branding and marking guidelines.
Success and Learning Stories:
- Identify, develop and support documentation of best practices of the organization, projects and initiatives using success stories, briefs, press releases to promote learning and lesson sharing within the organization, and with other state level partners.
Content Database Management:
- Document key projects through photo and videos and utilize in project communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Compile/collate program-related photographs and videos from project states.
- Catalogue media content and domicile in a central repository.
- Develop and optimise content for the organization’s website, digital newsletters, print publications and social media sites.
- Ensure consistency in terms of voice, branding, messaging and frequency of posting via digital channels.
- Maintain updated project and technical briefs.
- Ensure state teams adhere to organization’s communications guidelines and SOP in capturing of media content.
Publicity Coordination and Management:
- Ensure appropriate and effective organization representation at public health events.
- Support state and central project teams to coordinate and manage media at public health events
- Ensure that activities and achievements are covered in the local media.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- An Advanced Degree in Public Health, Health Communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of five years successfully implementing and managing health facility and community-level SBCC programs in Nigeria.
- Experience working in the field of HIV programming is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in successful management of large, community-based projects and working in large inter-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying barriers to behavior change and developing sound communication plans that include innovative strategies to address them.
- Familiarity with best practices in social and behavior change communications.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of new and emerging information and communication technologies to reach audiences effectively and at scale.
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Communications Officer COMS001 – Abuja, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received