Softcom was established in 2007 with a mission to “connect people and businesses with meaningful innovation”. A technology company which aims to solve problems that will connect people and businesses to value that ultimately improves their lives. We want our products to enable inclusion and growth for people and businesses in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Specialist
- We need an experienced Compliance Specialist with the ability to drive organisational adherence to prevailing laws and regulations within the industries where we operate.
- The Compliance specialist will ensure that our internal processes, policies and procedures are aligned to relevant legal, regulatory and internal guidelines across our entities.
- Serve as a liaison between the company and the regulatory bodies
- Monitor legislation, regulatory circulars, and enforce actions items from Regulators. Keep up to date with, and understanding, relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintain an updated regulatory reporting calendar pursuant to prevailing laws and regulations.
- Track and monitor the submission of regulatory reports from all relevant departments in charge.
- Perform regulatory compliance safety rounds/checks to guarantee continuous regulatory compliance and ensure corrective actions are carried out and executed properly.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Respond to compliance-related questions to provide regulatory guidance regarding the products/services of the company, in accordance with emerging/new regulations
- Collaborate with the Business Process Manager to develop, review and evaluate Company policies and procedures and report to identify hidden risks or common issues (gap analysis) and provide recommendations.
- Work with the Business Process Manager to ensure any updates are appropriately incorporated into internal policies, procedures and processes where required.
- Liaise with senior management to ensure proper implementation of established compliance policies.
- Manage and ensure internal compliance with established business processes, financial processes, policies and procedures for the Company
- Prepare training materials and facilitate trainings to introduce policies and corresponding processes to employeesDevelop Compliance orientation programs for employees and relevant stakeholders (business partners, Customers, vendors, etc.) to understand set policies
- Collaborate with Business Process Manager during periodic audits of processes, practices and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks and ensure compliance.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Formulate and implement AML monitoring policy, to comply with the applicable business model and related monitoring requirements.
- Execute any other task assigned by the VP, Legal, Compliance and Internal Control
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Law, Business Management, or a related field.
- 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance role with adequate exposure and interaction to senior management.
- Deep industry expertise and knowledge of regulations, legal requirements and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interpersonal Skills & Relationship Management
- The ideal candidate will be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. To prosper in this role, you should be knowledgeable in risk management and our industry’s principles.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online