|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Consultancy for ICT4D Consultant for the 2021-2023 Global Fund Supported ITN Mass Campaign
Reference Code: NG6165
Location: The consultancy will take place in states were ITN mass campaign will be implemented.
Terms of Reference
- This Terms of Reference (TOR) provides the description and work to be done during the implementation of Insecticidal Treated Net (ITN) mass campaign in Nigeria.
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
- Through local partners, CRS has implemented programs in 24 of the country’s 36 states, demonstrating the agency’s extensive grassroots network and significant capacity to reach the rural poor. Focusing on agriculture, emergency response and recovery, and health, CRS is helping to strengthen health care systems, Catholic Church partners, other community-based organizations, and government institutions. CRS’s current projects are improving the lives of more than 1.4 million Nigerians.
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). In Nigeria, CRS has been a Co-Principal Recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant since January 2017. As a Co-PR, CRS partnered with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2021-2023 Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) campaigns in 13 states in Nigeria. CRS will deploy ICT4D devices using the Cash and Asset Transfer Strategy during the mass campaigns.
Summary and Purpose of the Consultancy
- The ICT4D Unit is tasked with the responsibility of developing, planning, coordinating and implementing the use of Information and Communication Technology in ITN distribution in Nigeria. This involves the use of android mobile devices, fingerprint scanners, solar chargers and other peripherals to execute ITN mass campaigns.
- The purpose of the consultancy is to provide state-level technical assistance and oversight on the use of ICT4D for the successful implementation of Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN) mass campaigns. S/he will provide training, device provisioning and distribution, and technical support in the mass campaign states.
Objective of the Consultancy:
- To provide technical support to all campaign implementers on the use of all ICT4D tools required.
- To ensure effective knowledge dissemination on the use of the Cash and Asset Transfer Strategy (CAT) through trainings of ITN mass campaign implementers in selected states.
- To monitor the use of digital android devices, fingerprint scanners, and Net card tracking system to carryout household/beneficiary registration, Net card and ITN distribution at the various designated locations.
Main Tasks / Deliverables
- Provide tier 1 level real time support on android devices during trainings and activities on all submitted requests.
- Ensure resolution of all ITN Mass campaign issues reported on the relevant communication channels.
- Interpret GIS Data to campaign monitors and LGA/Ward level campaign staff to ensure 100% universal coverage.
- Administer biometric time and attendance tracking profiles and sequence of campaign personnel during trainings.
- Manage campaign personnel changes and capturing of update on the CAT platform to ensure efficient printing and delivery of badges for training and activity authentication.
- Provide monitoring and supervision guidance on identifying household level GIS information to Master trainers. Provide daily coverage details from the CAT platform to inform monitors and ward supervisors on mobilization coverage rate and net card redemption rate during household mobilization and distribution activities.
- Provide effective compliance with the CAT Strategy business processes.
- To provide required technical guidance to ward supervisors, household mobilizers and distribution teams on the use of the android devices, solar chargers and the RR application.
- Identification and detection of anomalies during Net Card distribution and redemption using the real-time monitoring feature of the dashboard as per coverage area of assignment.
- Data collation and management for daily identification of inconsistencies based on generated reports Ensure daily review of campaign processes from the CAT dashboard to LGA and State teams.
Device Provision, Distribution and Inventory:
- Ensure distribution of ICT4D tools to campaign staff following the distribution mechanism. Update device distribution inventory database upon distribution of devices to campaign staff.
- Ensure submission and signing of device security, safety and management document by campaign monitors, master trainers, LGA coordinators, ward supervisors, Household mobilizers and distribution teams before collection of ICT4D tools.
- Ensure provisioning and delivery of Buffer Devices in a case of theft, loss or damage to ICT4D equipment assigned to campaign personnel for an activity.
- To provide required training to campaign team on the following:
- CAT Strategy for ITN Mass Campaign.
- Data collection procedure for ITN Mass Campaign.
- Android Device Configuration and setup for ITN Mass Campaign.
- Setup and Configuration of Fingerprint scanners.
- Device power management, safety and security.
- Data Entry Dynamics.
- Peer to peer and mobile data syncing.
- Collecting geo coordinates and Location services.
- Net distribution Net Card arithmetic and Net Card tracking.
- Updating Net Card details.
- Household marking co-relation with digital data.
- Personnel information update form (P-3d)
- Biometric Time and Attendance Tracking.
Key Working Relationships
- CRS ICT4D Officers, Campaign Technical Assistants, State Ministries of Health (SMoH) staff, LGA teams, LGA Coordinators, Cluster Supervisors, Household mobilizers, Distribution teams, CRS Global Fund Malaria Nigeria Program Team, National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) staff, Society for Family Health (SFH) staff, Management Sciences For Health (MSH) staff, Malaria Consortium (MC) staff, State Malaria Elimination Program (SMEP) and CRS ICT4D Specialist.
Mode of Reporting:
- The ICT4D Consultants will report to the ICT4D Officer in-charge of the state with support of the Program Manager of each State. Overall coordination and technical oversight will be provided by the CRS ICT4D Specialist.
- Minimum of First Degree in IT-related field (Computer Science / Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Programming).
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Previous experience in ITN mass distribution campaigns.
- Previous training on the RedRose Technology.
- Previous hands-on on the deployment of technology for ITN mass campaigns.
- Relevant experience in using mobile data collection tools: RedRose Collect, Iform, CommCare, ODK, Survey123 or any other electronic data gathering tool.
- Demonstrable skills/experience in configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of android mobile devices or tablets.
- Experience with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing significant workloads and multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines is required.
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are highly desired.
- A proven ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – MS Word and Excel especially and/or other statistical analysis software.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain flexible and calm under pressure.
- Experience in proactively identifying and addressing bottlenecks/issues desired.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with team members and state personnel.
A daily rate of N15,000 will be paid as consultancy fees. This will be paid upon completion of specific deliverables listed above and submission of a detailed activity report, consultancy report and timesheet reviewed by the ICT4D Officer and duly signed by the ICT4D Specialist.
Application Closing Date
5:00 pm: 7th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with their CV to: email@example.com using their Name and Reference Code (i.e. Applicant’s Name – NG6165) as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any submission after the deadline or with the wrong email subject may be disqualified.
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.