|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Trafficking in Persons (TiP) Research & Training
CFCV No.: CFCV2021/63
IOM Classification: Consultant
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Migration Management
Type of Appointment: Consultancy, 20 working days within 3 Months duration
- Since 2002, International Organization for Migration (IOM) has been working with the Federal Government of Nigeria to strengthen migration management through capacity-building, advisory services, and technical assistance on migration matters, including migration health and information, assisted voluntary returns, and counter-trafficking.
- Strong collaboration has been established with national migration stakeholders in order to enhance border management, fight trafficking in persons, reduce irregular migration, and mainstream migration in the country’s development plans.
- Building on existing projects, IOM seeks to improve the access to trusted information sources and promotes informed decision making by sensitizing potential migrants on regular migration options, vulnerabilities to trafficking in persons (TiP) and risks associated with irregular migration.
- In addition, the project seeks to build institutional capacities and implement community-based actions in high-risk states of irregular migration such as Lagos, Edo and Delta.
- In collaboration with the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), the intervention aims to build the capacity of state and nonstate actors to exercise evidence-based planning and monitoring of behavioral change communication to prevent TiP and
- Smuggling of Migrants (SoM). Secondly, through community-based actions (peer education, community dialogue, artbased competitions) and capacity building, the project aims to enable returnees, community members, government and non-government actors to take action to prevent exploitation and promote informed decision making on safe and regular migration pathways. The primary target audience is potential migrants aged 12-35 years from migration prone communities. The secondary audience includes key opinion leaders within target communities such as families, religious and traditional leaders who play an influential role in the decision-making process of potential migrants.
- IOM Nigeria is seeking a specialized person in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) particularly with focus in conducting evaluations and large-scale qualitative and quantitative studies with international organizations focused on trafficking in persons and or/ smuggling of migrants.
- The expert should have good Knowledge/experience in developing training curriculum and facilitating trainings on research and conducting KAP studies.
- To promote the integration of best practices and lessons learned into future prevention of TiP programming of relevant state and non-state actors in Nigeria, IOM seeks to engage a consultant to and facilitate training for NAPTIP, MRC, NOA, and other government personnel on conducting and implementation of KAP studies, surveys, and focus group discussions.
- The training will help to strengthen how the different partners measure the impact of their interventions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Inception report, including detailed Work plan and methodology (training slides and participant workbook)
- Develop training materials (trainer presentation slides and participant workbook, pre and post test) on conducting KAP studies.
- Facilitate training, for key partners working with returned migrants to strengthen their capacity on different research methodologies, including conducting and implementation of KAP studies using standard approach.
- Conduct brainstorming session with NAPTIP and other stakeholders to develop research questions, methodology, and data collection tools for operational research.
- Provide supervision to and coordinate trained partners to pilot the operational research tools developed;
- Analyse findings of pilot research and share draft report
- Facilitate debriefing session of key findings with partners in coordination with NAPTIP and IOM
- Share final report incorporating feedback from the IOM project team.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Scope of Work
Specific Task – Deliverable (Timeline – Working days)
- Inception report, including detailed Work plan and methodology (training slides and participant workbook) – Work plan including timeline and training dates (3)
- Facilitate training, for key state and non-state actors working on the prevention of TIP and SOM to strengthen their capacity on different research methodology, conducting and implementation of KAP studies using standard approach – Conduct 1 training (location TBD) Develop training handbook incorporating all the martials and tools used during the training. (5)
- Conduct brainstorming session with NAPTIP and task force members during the training and develop research questions, methodology and data collection tools for operational research – Develop methodology and data collection tools, train enumerators on data collection tools (2)
- Provide supervision to trained partners and NGOs to pilot the operational research tools developed. Also, with the analysis and report writing – Coordinate and supervise pilot research. (5)
- Final report – Training report and the pilot Research report (including executive summary) -5
- Total number of days 20
Measurable Output & Performance Indicators of the work assignment:
- Timely execution of assigned responsibility
- 80% satisfaction reported in coordination activity/ability of the consultant.
- 80% validation of reports submitted by the consultant.
- 80% satisfaction reported in the overall performance evaluation of the consultant.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Social Sciences, Research, Statistics, Economics, and/or Monitoring and Evaluation
- 5 years or more of experience in conducting evaluations and large-scale qualitative and quantitative studies with international organizations focused on trafficking in persons and or/ smuggling of migrants
- Demonstrated Knowledge/experience in developing training curriculum and facilitating trainings on research and conducting KAP studies.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting published migration related research, preferably on the prevention of trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous working experience in the West African region or Nigeria desirable.
- Computer proficiency including with data analysis software MS Office Microsoft tools and ability to take notes/drafts and produce high-quality written reports.
- Motivated, committed, responsible, and able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of multiple languages advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
Sunday, 25th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should fill out the form on the link below and then submit applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “CFCV2021/63 Lagos. Consultant- Trafficking in Persons Research & Training”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).