|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Purpose of the Position
- The cook under the supervision of the HR Manager is responsible for providing a pleasurable dining experience for staff by preparing high-quality food.
- This usually means managing all aspects of food preparation and production in an environment that meets sanitation guidelines. The duties can range from preparing ingredients to be cooked, to being responsible for grilling all foods.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Keeps a sanitized and orderly environment in the Kitchen.
- Creates a routine Menu and adhere strictly.
- Ensures all food and other items are stored properly.
- Ensures proper record of payments made, food items and serving.
- Ensures great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Goes to the market and account for every penny.
- Estimates expected food consumption and organize preparation.
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns.
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases.
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience.
- Stays open until the last customer leaves.
- Cleans up after business hours
- Uses kitchen utensils, gas and every other item provided by the office for official purposes only.
- Ensures breakfast for staff when necessary and advised.
- Must have a minimum of Diploma with relevant experience and training in catering.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in working in a restaurant.
- Strong humanitarian commitment.
- Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative.
Application Closing Date
13th August 2021 by 4:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Attach CV with the format “Surname and the Position you applied for”.
- Only candidates whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.