|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook – Pastry Chef
Job Number: 21091939
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use. Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures.
- Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area; set-up and break-down work station; and follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including safety and security; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security:
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures:
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others:
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
Sanitation and Maintenance:
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
- Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
Kitchen Tools & Equipment:
- Use baking tools (for example, rolling pin, dough scraper, biscuit and dumpling cutters, sifter) to prepare baked foods.
- Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Convert measurements (for example, teaspoons to tablespoons) using measurement chart.
- Mix icings, frosting, and glazes to decorate pastry items using icing bags, cutters, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience:
- Less than 1- year related work experience
- No supervisory experience is required
- Arithmetic Computation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Safety Orientation
- Positive Demeanor
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Physical Strength
- Visual Acuity
- Manual Dexterity
Stock and Inventory:
- Food Storage and Rotation
Equipment and Tools:
- Kitchen Measurement Tools
- Mixing Skills
- Bakery Procedures
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online