|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Core Network Planning Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Core Network Planning Engineer will co-ordinate site surveys for PoPs; inclusive of technical site survey
Other responsibilities includes;
- Handle transmission planning equipment inventory.
- Handle transmission equipment procurement process and track equipment delivery.
- Overall project planning, delivery, and update of the milestone project plan.
- Support the team in the planning, dimensioning, and deployment of optical transport equipment
- Coordinate and manage equipment deployment.
- Provide weekly reports on capacity, inventory, and utilization of applicable transmission and carrier equipment configurations.
- Provide detailed engineering documentation to support and ensure the success of required projects. This will involve site surveys, gathering field data, and generating reports on the current capacity and database.
- Supporting the effective management and documentation/ assignment of infrastructures /Facility space, Racks, and ports in POPs.
- Provide the required technical support for repeated operational issues.
- Handle and track the RMA process for defective equipment.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of network planning tools like Pathloss, MapInfo etc.
- Ability to engage and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Travelling may be required at short notice.
- Ability to analyse and interpret detailed technical solution and implement into network planning document.
- Good Knowledge of various protection schemes namely LMSP, SNCP ERPS, LAG Ring & Mesh Protection, etc.
- Basic understanding of SDH, Carrier Ethernet Technology, quality of service and network management concepts is necessary
- SDH, OTN knowledge and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and CAD Designs
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
Demands of the Job
- This role demands prompt and timely delivery of customer’s service, as well as good inventory and stock management.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online