|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Social Responsibility Professional
Job Number: 1098612
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Legal & Corporate Affairs
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- At Microsoft, we believe technology is a powerful force for improving people’s lives. We see it every day in our work – whether it is students discovering the magic of creating something new with code, or health workers who use cloud services to diagnose illnesses better, collaborate with colleagues, and treat patients. Through Microsoft Philanthropies we will help fulfil Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more by providing the benefits of technology, and the skills to use and create it, to people and organizations who need them the most. We advance the company’s mission by making the opportunities of our rapidly evolving digital economy accessible to all people, particularly those most at risk of being left behind.
- We are looking for a seasoned Corporate Social Responsibility/Corporate Philanthropy professional who will be charged with managing the local enablement and implementation of Microsoft Philanthropies across Sub Sahran Africa, reporting to the MEA Regional Director of Microsoft Philanthropies.
The Philanthropies’ Lead reports to the MEA Philanthropies Regional Director and has the following responsibilities:
- Represent the Microsoft Philanthropies organization in Sub Sahran Africa, serving as subject-matter-expert and liaison for business stakeholders, providing timely insight, feedback and expert field implementation of Microsoft Philanthropies’ top strategies and priorities.
- Work with the Sub Sahran Africa countries Leadership team to represent the Philanthropies core strategies and initiatives to drive maximum impact and align with the business priorities.
- Work with the Microsoft Philanthropies programs teams to implement core strategies and programs for the maximum impact, including Skills and Employability, S500 Engagement, AI4Good, Employee Engagement, public policy and advocacy initiatives, and social good marketing.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan, setting goals, aligning with internal and external stakeholders, balancing investment delivery through both a depth approach and breadth tactics enabling broad reach of beneficiaries.
- Build a rhythm of engagement between MEA Philanthropies and the Sub Sahran Africa Philanthropies to provide guidance and content to drive excellence in execution.
- Provide insights and feedback to global field guidance and programmatic planning, as well as to adapt content for local implementation of programs and campaigns.
- Digital Skills and Employability:
- Develop Digital Skills and Employability strategies to equip underserved communities with computing and AI skills to be employed in the digital economy.
- Execute on Micrsoft Africa National Development plan working closely with multistakeholders to define the DS+E strategy for Sub Sahran Africa to drive scale and impact.
- Philanthropic Partnerships:
- Engage Microsoft’s most important strategic customers and partners in Sub Sahran countries to advance Microsoft’s Philanthropic while deepening partnerships with our most strategic customers.
- Focus on developing and fostering partnership opportunities to advance our priorities in Digital Skills & Employability, AI for Good, and in driving Employee Engagement.
- Outreach, advocacy, and influence: Build perception and awareness of Microsoft’s societal impact. Partner with Public Affairs, Government Affairs, and Communications and Marketing teams to support the effective implementation of social good marketing campaigns to help achieve programmatic goals.
- Contribute to driving Business Impact: Build strategic partnerships with the subsidiaries in Sub Sahran countries, align with the local country plan so that Philanthropies programs help open doors and strengthen relationships that can pave the way for business impact.
- Operational / Administrative: Manage budgets effectively, including allocation, management of the forecast and spend, on time and within compliance.
- Embody our culture and values.
- 5 – 7+ years experience as a Corporate Social Responsibility practitioner in a corporate or nonprofit setting working across the Sub Sahran region.
- Experience in managing and implementing employability programs both job placement and entrepreneurship.
- Proven ability and experience in developing and managing public-private partnerships.
- Fluency in English (REquired) and French (preferred).
- Creative, innovative and growth mindset.
- Strategic and inclusive thinking.
- Ability to communicate effectively with direct teams, internal and external stakeholders, customers, and leaders in a matrixed environment.
- National understanding and context: Ability to execute programs to deliver measurable impact against the local, provincial, and national contexts in Canada.
- Aptitude to understand the programmatic solutions and how to apply to the market opportunity.
- Strong understanding of emerging digital technologies and the opportunities that these new trends offer to advance social and economic outcomes.
- Aptitude to understand how to leverage Cloud and AI technology in addressing Societal challenges.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.