Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Management Specialist
Job Type: Ful Time
- Derive the cost baseline based upon project plans, baseline estimate and baseline schedule.
- Provide project team with up-to-date commitment, spending, deviation and forecast information needed to appropriately manage project budget and costs.
- Analyze project commitments and spending to ensure that each item is within project scope and aligns with the project estimate.
- Communicate with project team members to determine current status of assigned projects.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between expected and actual planned spending and commitments.
- Use project knowledge from various sources, including SAP, project schedule, project team and contractors, to develop a forecast that is accurately cash-flowed across time.
- Ensure cost deviations and project change orders are accurately reflected in the project data and forecast.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and cost accountants to book monthly accruals.
- Ensure Project Controls Reports are issued to the project team in accordance with documented Project Controls Plans (frequency, format, etc.).
- Provide final cost data to project team at project closure.
- Conduct post-project audits to collect actual vs planned data to ensure accuracy and continuous improvement of scheduling assumptions and processes.
- Help to develop the new project controls group’s systems and tools with focus on simplicity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance related field, Management, or Engineering.
- A master’s degree in any of the above or related fields and/or an MBA would be an advantage
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN or ACCA or CFA
The Person Must:
- Be able to work in a team environment to deliver per project objectives
- Have sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Be focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- Be able to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Be able to use industry accepted applications for cost, along with the standard Microsoft applications – Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with ERPs would be a plus.
- Be familiar with industry standard best practice in project cost management processes and their application.
- At least 5 years’ experience in cost management function at a manufacturing company, management or technology consulting firms
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online