|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost & Project Controller (M / F)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent contract
- The job holder maintains and follows up on management, production and maintenance related costs including preparation of budgets, control and monitoring of expenditure, preparation of reports and analyses of costs.
- Prepares the EPC Project budget, resolving the, variances during the preparation period and coordinating budget discussions at all levels being the department focal point for cost control matters.
- Receives budget schedule from Engineering & Technical Manager, integrating a detailed time-table for the various budget holders. Coordinates and progresses preparation with each site.
- Collates and consolidates all cost inputs in one budget report. Prepares budget estimates and ensures that all budget figures are fully documented.
- Participates in budget presentations. This includes preparing materials for the presentation, answering queries as required and taking notes for new budget revision.
- Controls and checks all the invoices submitted by the Contractors and ensures sure that they are consistent with the contracts and supported by documents. Obtains necessary authorizations before forwarding for payment.
- Keeps up-to-date cost records of all contracts held by Department. Advises the Managers and Superintendents in advance regarding the expiry of contracts.
- Participates in the preparation of maintenance labour or turnkey contracts which involves liaising and corresponding with the Contracts Officer to prepare commercial and cost aspects tender documents and invitation to tender and assisting in evaluating bids.
- Prepares reports and documents to be sent to Logistics Manager, such as accruals, authorization for expenditure, asset register changes, write off / disposal request forms, etc.
- Reviews expenditure reports received from Project Manager, ensures that expenditures are properly monitored, and highlights significant variances between the budget and the actual costs.
- Liaises with superintendents and engineers on financial procedures and systems, giving assistance when required. Liaises with Finance Department to ensure normal accounting procedures are followed.
- Prepares various regular and as-hoc reports for Management information on Cost and expenditures, economic indices etc.
- Develop / implement / revise various maintenance cost & financial procedures as required to ensure proper allocation of costs, reporting of cost, etc.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to all Personnel with respect to Cost and Financial matters.
- Undertakes other similar or related tasks and duties as directed by his Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Management
- Good written and spoken English.
- 5 years experience in Management including 2 years in contracts
- Minimum level of experience required
- 6 years or more
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
What can we offer you?
- We offer a position in which you will have great autonomy and varied responsibilities in an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online