|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Baobab is the leading digital financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services. Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over a million customers and 3,800 employees operating in Burkina Faso, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Portfolio Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Directly supervises: N/A
Replaced by (Reliever): Credit Risk Manager (Senior Risk Manager)
Career Path: Head of Credit Risk, Chief Risk Officer
General Description of Responsibilities
- The Credit Portfolio Analyst’s main duty is to produce quality and timely credit analytic reports about Baobab Nigeria to the Management and to all stakeholders in compliance with approved definitions, templates, formats, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Base Accords.
- He/she shall be required to develop and update the Bank’s credit risk analytic reporting tools and ensures reporting processes are adequate and effective.
- He/she will assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports required by the Supervisor or Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare internal credit risk analytical reports of the Bank. The main reports are:
- Credit risk reporting package
- Vintage analysis report
- Transition matrix report
- Sector analysis report
- Boar Pack reports
- Monthly Management Risk Committee reports/presentation
- Various ad-hoc credit risk analysis reports
- Provide monthly analysis using dashboards to highlight portfolio-related risk management issues,
- Including concentration, patterns, trends monitoring, and stress testing.
- Liaise with CBN on the CRMS platform for effective disbursement of the loan at the right time
- Perform direct debit for delinquent clients through NIBSS Platform and any other direct debit platforms
- Prepare reports for the Baobab Group Risk Department, including:
- Monthly Group Credit Risk Report
- Other credit risk related reports for Baobab Group (as delegated)
- Share credit risk trends, patterns, and stress testing results with the Group Risk department.
- Coordinate the Bank’s write-off process from the branch level to HQ by ensuring that all write-off documentation is handled properly and documented. This includes a write-off memo to Management for final approval.
- Coordinate the Monthly Management Risk Committee meetings. This involves taking full ownership of all reports and materials required at the Management Risk Committee; by preparing, updating the MRC presentation, and liaising and supporting other units/department to update their contribution to the presentation.
- Analyze data on various types of bank credit products.
- Organize and provide credit data on Nigeria’s Microfinance Sector and Banking Sector.
- Provides technical assistance to Branch and Head office Managers and the Group with regards to insights on credit risk modeling and preparation of the financial report.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Chief Risk Officer or Executive Management.
Internal Relations with all staff and authorities:
Source of Information:
- Baobab Data warehouse Senegal
- Core Banking Software (T24)
- Finance (Sage Accounting System, MCR Report,
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- National Bureau of Statistics
Required Skills and Working Experience
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science.
- At least two (2) years experience in banking-related activities.
- Good years of experience with business analytics, report creation, data validation, and report validation
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficiency with Excel (intermediate to advanced level) and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving aptitude.
- Professional, ethical, and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and presentation abilities.
- Committed, responsible, and able to work under pressure and limited time frames.
- Ability to carry out the work on an independent basis as well as in working groups and teams.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Use of either SQL, Power BI, Business Objects, or any analytical/statistical tools as the case may be will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.