Black Pen Recruitment – Our client, an American based remote company. They are one of the fastest growing cryptocurrency exchange companies in Africa and are aiming to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone on the continent backed by some of the biggest names in the industry.
They are recruiting to fill the the position below:
Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer (Fintech / Cryptocurrency)
Job Type: Remote
Industry: Financial Services
- Are you an experienced Cyber Security Engineer with insight into the world of Fintech? Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space.
- Our Client is looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer with experience in the financial services industry, to join our exciting remote team.
- As a Cyber Security Engineer you will protect the infrastructure (including networks, services, resources and software) from a range of criminal activity.
- You will monitor networks and systems, detect security threats (‘events’), analyse and assess alarms, and report on threats, intrusion attempts and false alarms, either resolving them or escalating them, depending on the severity.
- Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge and apply new skills to proactively seek out weaknesses in the environment.
As a cyber security Engineer, you’ll need to:
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- test and evaluate security products
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engage in ‘ethical hacking’, for example, simulating security breaches
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
- Monitor and respond to ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
- 5 years experience as a Cyber Security Engineer
- A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT
- Solid Experience with setting up and managing SIEM technologies
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer Vulnerability assessment, threat modelling, networks, operating systems and software security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns and trends
- Experience working in AWS or Azure with a strong desire to further one’s skills
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals.
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
Type of Person:
- Critical thinking, strong in your domain and can engage and lead some of the largest most intimidating companies in the world.
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognising the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of our team
- Be a role model for the our organisational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilise working relationships with internal business partners across the organisation and external business contacts
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online