|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
54gene is a health technology company centered on advancing the field of African genomics to unlock scientific discoveries as well as improve diagnostic and treatment outcomes within Africa and the global community.
Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of precision medicine for Africans and the global population, by bridging the global health disparity gap.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cybersecurity Analyst
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Legal & Compliance
Reports to: Cybersecurity Risk Manager
- The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for protecting 54gene from cyberthreats and actively develops protocols used to respond to and quell cyberattacks.
- The cybersecurity analyst protects infrastructure, networks, applications and critical data from cybercriminals seeking to cause damage or steal sensitive information.
- Monitor, assess and/or analyze multiple security log data from various heterogeneous security devices. This includes analysis of logs from: SIEM, Firewall, Proxies, End-point & malware protection, servers and workstations.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Deliver threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Perform Security Event/Threat Monitoring
- Create Security Information Event Management (SIEM) use cases.
- Initiate incident response process to deal with intrusions and compromises to network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field is preferred but not mandatory.
- 3+ years of technical operations experience, preferably within a Security Operations Centre.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical acumen with an understanding of cloud security
- Some experience with PowerShell/Python
- Prior experience with security policy, standards, and controls definition
- Experience with the following: Log management platforms, Enterprise Vulnerability Management Platforms, Endpoint Security suites, Data Loss Prevention Software and system hardening.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging cyber security risks, and innovative risk management methods and solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry authoritative sources such as NIST, ISO and COBIT standards
- Ability to identify, monitor and remediate security compliance issues
- Mastery of Windows and linux Operating systems.
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.