Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst – Task Order 6
Job Ref.: req12414
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks 3 Data Analysts for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 6 – Ebonyi State.
- The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 6 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Bauchi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems.
- The objectives of the program are:
- Strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services
- Improve access to PHC services; and
- Increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 6 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state.
- USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities.
- The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting HMIS data;
- Analyzes and troubleshoots HMIS user issues to implement a resolution or escalate the case to Pathways staff;
- Provides ongoing training and technical assistance to HMIS users via email, phone, and webcast, and on site as appropriate;
- Leads the development and implementation of data quality, management, and analysis plans;
- Provides on-site data quality assessment of LGA, health facilities, and others by assisting with implementation planning, including data entry process improvement;
- Prepares regular and ad-hoc reports, analysis, presentations, charts, graphs, and other documents as assigned;
- Performs data quality checks and monitors for gaps.
- Reports to HMIS Specialist.
- The Data Analyst will have some experience and up-to-date knowledge and skills in MIS and M&E for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he must be familiar with the HMIS data context at the State level and working with health facilities and LGA for data collection, reporting and use.
- S/he should have experience with USAID / International donor programs.
- Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Information Technology, Public Health Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of working with HMIS for public health
- Experience in using NHMIS Tools and DHIS2
- Competency in MS Word and Excel. Experience using statistical software a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in facilitation of training workshops and onsite mentoring of health workers
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org