|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Clerk
- FHI 360 will provide both facility-based and community-based comprehensive HIV services to KP through integrated community-based one stop shop clinics (OSS) and key population friendly health facilities (KPFHS)- faith-based, private, and public. The OSS clinic model is a type of community-based differentiated ART service delivery model for KP. The KPFHF is aimed at sustainability and ownership of KP care through provision of ART services to KP in a conventional healthcare.
- The OSS will have full continuum of staff (Front Desk Officer, Clinician, Pharmacist, Triage Nurse, Laboratory Scientist, Adherence Counsellor, Psychologist and Data entry clerk, case managers, janitor, and security personnel).
- The OSS will be a Safe haven to members of the key populations community as it will provide non-biased, non-stigmatizing and nonjudgmental friendly services to the designated populations. The OSS will be opened to members of the populations for all 5 working days of the week from 8:00am to 5:00pm on daily basis. However, there will be context specific service provision utilizing extended hours of service provision to address the need of clients who may not be disposed to visit the OSS during working hours or working days as arrangements can be made to visit at weekends based on discussions with the service providers at the facility.
The specific objectives of the KP intervention include:
- To create a supportive environment for key populations and foster community empowerment by providing a venue for relaxation, recreation, peer support, income generation and other activities to address underlying social factors such as SGBV and social marginalization.
- To provide health education and promote safer behaviors (including safer sex and safe injection) to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV and STIs.
- To provide an integrated package of HIV/STI/RH services tailored to the needs of the KP clients through ‘friendly’ service providers who are sensitized and trained to serve KP.
- To serve as a distribution point for condoms, lubricants and needles/syringes and other key commodities to reduce HIV transmission.
- To build the capacity of KP CBOs to implement comprehensive HIV prevention and health promotion interventions.
- Design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting at the OSS.
- Ensure rigor and quality in data collection.
- Responsible for data collation, processing and reporting of monthly summary forms from the One Stop Shop (OSS).
- Carry out data verification exercises at various service points.
- Participate in program review meetings.
- Conduct routine Data Quality Assurance exercise at the OSS.
- Participate in project baseline, midterm and end of project evaluation and special data requests.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection tools in the facility.
- Conversant in GF indicators reporting on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
- Carry out other activities assigned.
Education and / or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required:
- First Degree in Social Science, Public Health or another relevant discipline;
- At least 1 years M&E experience in the Health sector, experience working on HIV treatment program or sexual and reproductive is an advantage.
- Demonstrate computer literacy in MS-Office- Excel, Power Point and Word.
- A good understanding of HIV Prevention Care and Treatment
- A good understanding of LAMIS database
- Proficiency in MS- office MS-Excel, Word, Power Point • Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively;
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory – Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: GF_Advert@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Members of Key populations are strongly advised to apply.