Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners Limited – Our client, a commercial bank, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Governance Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client requires the service of a highly skilled person in Data Governance with Fin-Tech to lead the creation, maintenance and monitoring of the DG policies, frameworks, processes, and procedures for guiding the data Governance activities in the Enterprise.
- The successful candidate will work on other data related tasks as assigned by the Head of Data Governance and Chief Data Officer.
- Develop and implement Data Management strategies, portfolio & roadmap
- Drive policy, implementation, and control.
- Drive Data framework implementation.
- Draft Training, Communications, Awareness, and Engagement plans to the Bank.
- Define how controls will be embedded, measured, and assessed.
- Evolve the governance processes as needed as platforms and processes change.
- Be the point of contact for Data Governance queries, including escalation point for client concerns.
- Support and supervise information stewardship activities and management.
- Align the data governance programme to the Group’s strategy
- Manage the delivery of the data governance programme.
Operational Effectiveness, Risk and Control:
- Assist in driving a culture of Data management across the Access Nation and contribute to enhanced operational efficiency by incorporating the use of best practices and methodology
- Drive synchronization and management of source of record
- Manage data as a strategic asset and operationalize data controls and frameworks to sustain the integrity of the data
- Drive and support the use of a common data dictionary and automated data refinement to effectively run compliance models – really need focus on controls in models
- Foster a culture of Innovation with enterprise-wide collaboration and partnerships
- Collaborate on cross functional innovative self-service analytics to eliminate unnecessary manual effort.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Coordinate data management requirements, the data governance framework (including standards & guidelines) and high-level data architecture to ensure the successful implementation of the data management strategy
- Assist with recognizing and upholding digital security systems to protect delicate information.
- Detail and communicates the data management strategy
- Develop and deliver trainings and coaching for increasing Data Management within all segments of the Bank.
- Ensure strong physical data protection controls are in place.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and transparency around data.
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Engage appropriate stakeholders in ongoing data protection exercise
- Provide proper training and awareness for staff on data governance requirements
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Work proactively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practices on data matters
- Manage and own relationships
- Advisory and Consultancy to our stakeholder community on Data Management related matters.
- Take care of our customers privacy just as take care of their financial wellbeing and customer journey
- Ability to articulate to colleagues, executives, Audit and our regulators, how we are doing on data.
- Work with stakeholders to evolve Group Data Policy principles and align to Group values
- Provide advisory, execution and governance support as needed in respect of regulation impacting Access Banks data agenda
- Support regulatory engagement at group level and where necessary in support of subsidiaries.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree and/or professional qualification in an Information Technology related subject and/or project management
- 3 years of equivalent work experience in the Data Governance field, ideally in the Retail Banking sector
- Excellent analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Data Governance Certification (CDMP, DAMA, DGSP, or CIMP Master Data Management)
- IT certification and other professional qualification.
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of industry leading data governance practices
- Knowledge of structured programming, testing, and debugging techniques.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of database construction, management, and retrieval methods.
- Ability to resolve data input, storage and/or retrieval problems and to design solutions and modifications.
- Specialist knowledge of data governance principles and practices.
- Strong background and working knowledge in end-to-end data management principles.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Ability to work independently and excellent teamwork spirit.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
- Ability to take direction and execute.
- Good communication skill (Oral & Written).
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and inquisitive.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Resume in (Ms World and PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the email.