Renmoney – We’re a team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners by making finance simple and useful to them. Our products suite is led by credit and we’re building broader offers for our users. Our vision is to unlock the power of finance to create opportunities for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type Full-Time
Category: IT Operations
We are the place for you, if:
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals.
- You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- In this role, you’ll be required to keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Setup and maintenance of existing End of day, month and other recurring data management processes
- Ensure uptime, availability and integrity of all data sources – this includes performance monitoring, Backups, Restores, changes, major and minor upgrades, Data sources integration to data warehouse, etc.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users, including complex query definitions
- Database access, user management and Security according to existing framework and governance policies – this will also include revisions of existing policies.
- Training colleagues on data usage, where necessary
- B.Sc. Degree in Engineering, Computer science or Information technology related course
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Relevant certifications are desirable (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator; Microsoft SQL Server Certification; Oracles Database Administrator; Oracle Certified Professional
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding and Management of Cloud and Storage Technologies (AWS / Google Cloud / Azure)
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object-oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and structured query language (SQL)
- Strong experience on SQL Server maintenance, Advanced SQL Server concepts like indexes, stored procedures e.t.c with an emphasis on database efficiency.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Are performance driven with a proven track record.
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent investigation and diagnostic skills
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in/with a large team.
What’s in it for you
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people. You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex, real-world challenges.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online